Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 951 עד 1,000 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

To: All

I am returning to Israel next week.

I'd be happy to meet with anyone who is interested in learning more about Duke's Fuqua School of Business. I graduated in 2003 and was also part of the health sector management program.

You can email me to [email protected]

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

To: danteleman2002

Do you mean for good or for a visit ?

Just curious…

Natali1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Hi All.

When a person "made it" to the top, thus was accepted by HBS or LBS or Yell , Tuck, Stern Insead etc; Does that mean, in any way, he is probable to be accepted to the others, or generally NOT ? I am asking if, after applying for my dream school, It is recommended to continue and submit applications which take a lot of time to prepare in order to have a good safty net.

If you people do recommend preparing an MBA safty net, how many programs would you recommend ?

Thanks for all the help.

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

To: gbiron

For good!

I got an offer I couldn't pass on….

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

To: danteleman2002

That's great!!!

welcome back, and good luck!

mayab
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 33

To: yaniv_ma

Hi Yaniv,

I'm a Sloan 2007. My husband and I have J1/J2 Viza. If you need some advice shoot me an email to [email protected]

Be happy to assist,

Maya.

ido1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: ohadresh

I'm looking for the book "How to get into the top MBA programs" by Richard Montauk. do you aby idea where i can get one?

thanks,

Ido 0526-701170

ido1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

To: ido1

bendetid@netvision.net.il

yaniv_ma
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

will someone explain why do schools ask for salary ?

I'm applying for Kellogg, is this field mandatory ?

thx ;)

Yaniv

yuvaln
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

שלום
    אני מחפש מידע על Kenan-Flagler (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill).
    משהו שמעבר למידע באינטרנט. משהו למד/לומד/מועמד לתוכנית הזו?
    תודה

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

To: yuvaln

send an email to a friend of mine who studied there

Rolan Hribar- and mention that Assaf gave you his email

[email protected]

enjoy

Assaf

Slovo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 96

Checkout Fulbright, at http://www.fulbright.org.il/ , they sell books and other things to their members. This book is in their stock.

yuvaln
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: Assaf Wand

Thank you very much.

Sent him a mail today.

Yuval

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

הי תומר

אני סטודנט שנה שנייה בביה"ס למנהל עסקים באוניברסיטת אמורי – Emory- שמדורגת כיום מס' 18 ועולה בדירוג כל שנה.יש לי מילגה מאוד גבוהה ואני פה עם אשתי, אז נראה לי שאני אוכל לתת לך הרבה מאוד מידע רלבנטי. תרגיש חופשי ליצור איתי קשר באימייל : [email protected]

בכלל כל מי שמעוניין לקבל מידע על אמורי,על ההזדמנות לקבל מילגה באוניברסיטה או כל מידע אחר אני אשמח לסייע ולענות על שאלות.

אוהד

yaniv_ma
    חבר

guyz

I want to apply to schools that I didn't specify in the GMAT test day.

does someone know if and what should I do in order to send them GMAT results ?

Yaniv

yaniv_ma
    חבר

Same question about TOEFL ….

(how do I send schools the TOEFL scores) ?

yaniv_ma
    חבר

guyz

who knows anything about the background check policy of schools ?

how far ago they go and what methods do they use? I'm especially concerned about contacting my current supervisor, since I didn't tell them (yet) that I'm applying…..

Yaniv

bilgrai
    חבר

You can phone an automatic system.

If you need the number, let me know.

yaniv_ma
    חבר

To: bilgrai

what is the number please?

you're talking about GMAT or TOEFL ?

bilgrai
    חבר

the number for the tofel is 1-609-771-7267

for the gmat log on to http://www.mba.com

yaniv_ma
    חבר

To: bilgrai

thx

Yaniv

dalit
    חבר

LBS contacted my recommenders, by email, two days before the program started.

mayab
    חבר

Hi Yaniv,

Sloan started the background check at the beginning of June (roughly 2 months after I accepted my spot in the class).

The background check was done by a 3rd party, a company that specializes in background checks. My supervisor at my last position as well as my recommenders were contacted and had to confirm the information provided in my application.

Maya

bilgrai
    חבר

שאלה בנוגע לממליצים : האם ההמלצות צריכות להגיע לביה"ס לפני המועד של הדיידליין, או אפשר גם להעביר אותם לאחר מכן ?

MBK
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Hey,
    I'm a recent grad of HBS and thought that it could be useful to read the following Q&A about HBS in particular and MBA in general:

My first disclaimer is that it's all my personal believes (though based on some research I made prior and during school).

In general, I believe that every applicant should view the application as a marketing project, rather than an exam. There're no right answers and in the end of the day a bunch of officers, some even without an MBA, will make the final decision, and they make many mistakes. In HBS, just as an example, in a recent talk at HBS, Warren Buffet described how this particular school rejected it. On the other hand, they didn't make this mistake with George W. Bush. If there's one criterion to success is the ambition to succeeded in it. The more you research and work on the application the chances are that it'd be better accepted.

a. How early before I intend to start learning abroad should I start the process?
    I started 4-5 months before the date of application and decided to force myself to apply for my three favorite programs (HBS, Stanford and Wharton) in the first round no matter what happened (maybe this is the best recommendation I can give you – first round has more chances than the other two!!!). You can also do a great application in 2 or 3 months. The GMAT is the most time consuming.

b. How important is the GMAT?

As a matter of fact in HBS, GMAT wasn't a requirement until recent years. What does it mean? That in the eyes of the school. GMAT is only in indicator and not the most important one. If at all, it's useful to see the GMAT as a balancing factor – lower grades could be balanced by great GMAT. Question on your English fluency (as someone who never worked outside of Israel) can be answered by a high English score on the GMAT.

c. How important is it to graduate with honors?

if you apply directly after school (with only the army as your work experience, which counts), it's obvious that the better your academic credentials the better your chances to get in. Does this mean that you'd work your ass on getting an honor? probably not. I never got honors and made it to a few programs.

d. Should I ask for recommendations from my professors?

The issue of recommenders could be easily described as an optimization of the following factors (sorry for the mathematical description but it's really the best way):
    1. Your strategy – what is the "story" you market to the admission board – what makes you unique in comparison to all the other applicants from Israel. Based on this, you should decide on the people who recommend you ( i.e. if the point is that you're the great student, you'll definitely require, of course, backing from professors; and if you've been active in public work, someone would have to describe except you)
    2. Your broad horizons – reference can be used exactly to show how "interesting" you are, to show activities that weren't the core of your life but add a flavor to your main story
    3. Intimacy – schools are looking for someone who really knows you and can write a very detailed reference about who you are, what do you want to do, etc. (check out the specific reference that HBS ask as an example. they want someone who knows a lot about you and can testify on it)

4. Calibration and standardization – the school would try to understand how good are you in your peer or age group and the better you can convey it with your reference the better it is. I mean that the recommender should be one that can say that you were THE best of the people under him, so it's better that he's not your direct boss with only two employees. This also shad some light on issue of the brand of the recommender. If a random guy will say that you're one of the best that he met in his life, it won't have the same validity if the CEO will say it. This means that if you can have a distinguished person (it doesn't have to be the CEO/chief of staff or prime minister) but still someone who can say – "I know the age group in Israel and in the US and x is clearly part of the top group" – it worth more!

e. What are the chances to get a scholarship and what does it requires from me to get one?

There're pretty good chances to get a scholarship when you are excepted to the best schools – the private schools in the US have A LOT of money and there perception is that poor student is more important than highly academic one, so they give money on need base. Why? The issue of merit-based scholarships should be researched on your own, but I believe that the better the school, it's giving less money for merit b/c the assumption is that you'll earn a sizable income after school and it's more important to bring poor students (let say from the Middle East) than another top student from Yale with very rich parents.

f. How old are most of the people who learn with you?

I believe that the average age in my class at HBS was 27, and the range was between 22 (as starting age) and 36 (an American army guy).

g. How were most of the people you studied with?

GREAT!
    But this is really a silly answer from my part. The class at HBS has 900 people. That's huge, and also the most important advantage of school – it creates a large network, but still very cohesive one. How? First the class is divide to 10 section with 90 people in each, with whom you study all through the first year. The outcome is that you know those 89 students pretty well, and on top of that with 900 students, there's a good chance you'll be able to find people similar to you with the same interests, even if they're as obscure as accounting practices in the 17th century.

h. Do you think it's important to first finish my internship and than apply?

It can't hurt, but my answer is NO. it depends on what you bring to the table today, your confidence and ability to make a difference (both in the application and in school). You'd be competing with other people who did the internship themselves so finishing it for itself won't be an advantage. It's better to apply as the best student in the class than another lawyer/accountant.

i. Anything else?

Well, I highly recommend the HBS experience to everyone but especially to people who're open to new cultures and are happy with socializing. It's expensive but I wouldn't include it as an issue if you're younger than 30 and with no more than one child. I believe it's important not to be locked on one specific school, apply to a few (that you'd really consider attending) and than take the best choice of the ones you were offered admission. As an Israeli, you'd always remember than you're still at least 2-3 years older than most US students so apply as soon as you can.
    Moran, [email protected]

LPOW
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 200

To: MBK

Does your work experience have any impact on finding a job afterwards – in other words – if I dont have any notable work eperinece (by that i mean outside the army and temp jobs) will that hinder my chances to find a good job afterwards? (I am into consulting/ industry)

Thanks

L

arik_p
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Hi All,

Two weeks ago my boss told me that I am going to the US; I intend to stay and visit some schools.
    I am going in two weeks and since this visit is totally unexpected I didn’t have time to plan it. I will be vesting:
    Chicago, Columbia, Harvard, Cornell, Kellogg, Sloan, Stern.
    If there are any current students or alumnus that are ready to meet with me, please contact me.
    face=Times New Roman color=#0000ff [email protected]

972-54-2004696

Thanks,

mayab
    חבר

To: arik_p

Hi Arik,

you can email me to:

[email protected]

be happy to show you around.

Maya

MBK
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

To: LPOW

Hey LPLOW,

The real answer is – Of course! no experince will make it much harder to find a job in a specific industry. Then what most young post-MBAs do is one of two:

– Start with banking/consulting to get experince and brand

– Work hard and convince an employer that you're smart and capble enough to start in the specific position.

My experince made me think that the sooner the better – as i said, in the worst case you'll have to do a year or two in banking which isn't such a bad decision to begin with.

We can continue it offline – [email protected]

MBK

Tinbi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

To: arik_p

Hi Arik,

You can contact me prior to your arrival to Cornell.

[email protected]

See you,

Tal

dudy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 88

Hi everyone,

My name is Dudy and I'm a 1st year student at Tuck. I wanted to make sure everyone noticed that the Wall Street Journal has published its new ranking, and is the 2nd major business magazine (after Forbes) this year to place Tuck business school as the #1 school in the world.

For whoever of you that isn't familiar with how different business magazines build their rating, I'll mention that Forbes bases its decision on "return on investment" and Wall Street Journal focuses on recruiters' opinions.

If someone is still trying to figure out what schools to apply to, I would strongly recommend taking a look at Tuck – it is a very unique and strong school.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions at my email:

[email protected]

Good luck!

dalit
    חבר

To: dudy

Hey!!!

How are you? enjoying school?

Is it cold already?

Lots of work?

Dalit

dudy
    חבר

To: dalit

Hey Dalit!

Great to hear from you.

Things are usually quite shiny around here, absolutely beautiful. I guess it'll start getting cold in a couple of weeks.The work is harder than I thought, I have to admit, but really interesting.

How are things in The City? Tell Itai I said hi.

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

שלום לכולם,

למי שעוד לא מכיר – שמי משה צרפתי ואני סטודנט שנה שניה ב Chicago GSB. מאחר ועונת ה applications תופסת עכשיו תאוצה רציתי להציע עזרה בכל שאלה שקשורה לבית הספר והתכנית.

האימייל שלי הוא: [email protected] והטלפון (לא להתקמצן) הוא: (312) 479-4503.

כמו-כן, בית הספר השיק לאחרונה פורום שכל מטרתו לעזור לכם להכיר אותו ולעשות את תהליך הקבלה שלכם קל (ומוצלח) יותר: color=#800080http://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/forums/SPAN/SPAN/SPAN/SPAN/SPAN//SPAN

משה.

dudie
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

Schools ask for the salary for two reasons, as I understand:

First, and most important, is to see what have you achieved. your position, like evertything else in america, is measured by money.

Second, they need it for their statistics. You'll notice they publish in their brochures the salary of students before their MBA and after.

Yuval1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

שלום לכולם,

אני מתעתד להתחיל בימים הקרובים ללמוד באופן עצמאי לקראת ה-GMAT ואשמח אם חלק מהחברים יפנו אליי במייל במידה והם מעוניינים למכור ספרים שהם נעזרו בהם לצורך לימוד למבחן.

אם למישהו יש ספרים שהוא מעוניין למכור של חברות הכנה שונות (קידום, GMAX וכו') הוא מוזמן גם כן לפנות אליי.

בהצלחה לכולם!

המייל שלי:

[email protected]

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

To: D06

היי ,

לדעתי מתעניינים גם בהיבט של משכורת התחלתית וסופית כדי לבחון את נתיב ההתקדמות.

זה נראה לי טוב לתאר מסלול קרירה בו אתה מטפס בשכר מתפקיד לתפקיד.

זה מראה שאתה בדרך למעלה וזה מה שהם מחפשים.

אלי

bilgrai
    חבר

מישהו יודע היכן ניתן להירשם לקורס בחשבון דיפרנציאלי אינטגרלי לקראת לימודי ה-MBA ?

dalit
    חבר

I am having SO much fun! We are still in pre term, which means some courses in Ethics, Leadership, etc. However, what we do most of the time is getting used to the local mentality… AKA drinking allot of beer :-)

The term starts next week, and than the real "balagan" will start. No more drinking every night :-(

The weather was great so far (maybe 3 days of rain in a month). I know it will change soon… chaval.

Good luck with everything and keep us poasted.

Cheers,

D.

dudy
    חבר

To: dalit

Hey Dalit,

I'm glad to hear you're having, but I have to tell you – thing sure change once you get into the actual studies. I have to admit I was surprised by the requirements right from the start, but it's a great experience and you study so much in such a short period.

Anyways, have a wonderful year and take care

dalit
    חבר

I know… everything is going to change on October 3rd…

JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

שלום לכולם

יצרתי קשר עם חברת Application Accepted וקיבלתי מהם הצעת מחיר. אני חושב לבקש מהם שיעברו על מכלול חבילת החיבורים והקורות חיים שלי כדי לקבל מהם נקודת מבט ופידבק אמריקאי.

האם מישהו מכיר את החברה הזו?

האם מישהו עבד איתם בעבר?

אשמח לקבל מידע בעניין בהקדם האפשרי.

תודה,

אהרן

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

MIT Sloan (informal) information session.
    For those who don’t know me, I am a second-year at MIT Sloan; I’ll be in Israel for a few days and thought I would take the opportunity to answer some questions you may have and share my experiences at Sloan.
    So, I will be in “Aroma” at Hamanofim 9 in Herzliya on Friday (30/9) morning from 9-11AM.
    Here’s the exact location: http://www.d.co.il/65881980/8930/
    Also, I hope that Barak Salomon of the class of 2004 will be able to join me and give you guys the “alumni perspective”. Barak currently works at Apax Partners.
    Please let me know if you have any questions: [email protected]

I hope you can make it!

Oren Kassif

LPOW
    חבר

Not a lot of activity here – everybody busy with their essays?

:0)

shoshy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 141

yep :-)

I think that this forum will become very active when we all finish writing the essays and will be eating our nails out waiting for the results. Last year there were vivid discussions at crazy hours… so we have a lot to talk about in the days ahead..

Good Luck!

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

I beleive we will be much more busy here when we wait for

the result. In the meantime , Cheers dude !

eliko

yaniv_ma
    חבר

SLOAN LFM

does someone know when the LFM program starts ?
    on their website it says June, but I need to know it more accurately from several reasons.

THANKS YANIV

rona silverstein
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

שלום…

אני חדשה כאן, ולמען האמת, הרעיון ללמוד MBA חדש בקרבי גם הוא…

רציתי לדעת, האם ישנן אוניברסיטאות המאפשרות ללמוד MBA בתואר משולב (הבנתי שקוראים לזה joint degree או dual degree) עם היסטוריה / פילוסופיה / אנתרופולוגיה. כל התארים המשולבים שמצאתי עד עתה הם רפואה, יחב"ל וכהנה. האם ישנה אפשרות ללמוד גם Humanities, או קצת פלז'ר עם הביזנס?

אשמח מאד אם ימצא לי מענה…

רונה

LPOW
    חבר

All,

Does anyone know when a successful applicant has to commit to the school and pay the first installment? Is it possible to wait for r2 results even if you made it in to another school in r1?

Thanks

rancito10
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

Hello everyone

My name is Ran Fridman and i am planning a short MBA tour in the coming October. I am searching for a stanford student who will be able to meet me shortly during my stay in San Francisco and to share with me its personal MBA experience.

Thanks in advance

Ran

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 951 עד 1,000 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.