Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,001 עד 1,050 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

To: LPOW

It depends on the school. If i remember correctly, Duke's pay date last year was May. LBS has two dates: first amount (1500 GBP) was in february and the second (6000 GBP) in june.

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

To: dalit

REMINDER: TOMORROW

MIT Sloan (informal) information session.
    For those who don’t know me, I am a second-year at MIT Sloan; I’ll be in Israel for a few days and thought I would take the opportunity to answer some questions you may have and share my experiences at Sloan.
    So, I will be in “Aroma” at Hamanofim 9 in Herzliya on Friday (30/9) morning from 9-11AM.
    Here’s the exact location: http://www.d.co.il/65881980/8930/
    Also, I hope that Barak Salomon of the class of 2004 will be able to join me and give you guys the “alumni perspective”. Barak currently works at Apax Partners.
    Please let me know if you have any questions: [email protected]

I hope you can make it!

Oren Kassif

zefko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 44

To: rancito10

Hello Ran,
    My name is Nir and I am a first year MBA student in Stanford.
    Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected].

Zefko

Uri Mariash
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: kassifo

hi

I'm visiting Boston and probably San Francisco at the end of the month. I would like to visit sloan and hbs adn maybe stanford. I would be very happy to meet there Israely students and talk with them about the school. If anyone can meet me pkease contact me via e-mail mariash1@netvision.net.il.

Thank you very much

rene
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

To: All

Hi,

I intend to apply to the EMBA program in ESG Paris (International european program in english).

Does anyone have experience with that institute and/or their graduates.

Thanks in advance

Rene

rene
    חבר

To: rene

LPOW
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 200

Dear All,

Does anybody know if schools forward their final decisions before the announced date? I am specifically wondering if Kellogg will inform me if I am in (hoping) or dinged before the January date.

Thanks,

L

LPOW
    חבר

All,

Does anybody have problems with the Wharton website? the deadline is near and their site is so slow

L

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

Did Anyone attend the Wharton Information Session On Sunday?

Was it interesting?

Did it present any new information?

Thanks.

Slovo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 96

(ההודעה פה כי נראה שזהו הפורום האקטיבי ביותר, אתכם הסליחה במידה ואינה במקומה)

שאלה בנוגע להתייחסות לציון המילולי ב GMAT:

הציון הסופי שלי במבחן הינו 680 (90%): 51 (99%) בכמותי, 29 (56%) באנגלית ו 5.5 (88%) בחיבורים.

ב TOEFL קיבלתי 290: 30 בהבנה הנשמע, 30 בהבנת הנקרא, 29 בדקדוק ו 5 בחיבורים.

האם כדאי להתייחס לתוצאת האנגלית היחסית נמוכה היכן שהוא באפליקיישנס, לדוגמא בקטע בו אפשר להוסיף אינפורמציה? האם ייתכן שהתייחסות כזאת תגרום נזק יותר מתועלת? חשבתי להוסיף קטע בו אסביר שבמסגרת עבודתי אני עובד הרבה באנגלית, ל GMAT למדתי לבד במסגרת עבודה מלאה, ולא היה לי פנאי לקחת GMAT נוסף.

השאלה מתייחסת בעיקר ל Stanford ו MIT.

(אשמח לקבל תשובות גם מנציגי בתי ספר בוגרים, בנוסף כמובן לאנשי ארינגו)

תודה,
    סלובו

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

To: Slovo

לפי דעתי כדאי לך לדבר על החולשה שהציון לכאורה מעיד.

הייתי נוקט באסטרטגיה שאינה כוללת תירוצים אלא רק הוכחות.

תאמר שהציון נמוך אך אתה חושב שהוא אינו משקף את יכולתך האמיתית ותצביע על ציוני ה TOEFEL שלך וגם החיבורים שלטעמי מאד גבוהים ומסירים חשש.

כמו כן תציין שאתה עוסק ביום יום באנגלית.

אל תכתוב שעבדת , זה סתם תירוץ – רק תצין שאתה מודע לחולשה לכאורה ושאתה מגבה אותה בהצלחות אחרות (ציומי מבחן ועיסוקים שוטפים)

אליקו

Slovo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 96

<p align=left dir=ltr>To: All<br><hr></p>
    תודה על העזרה, כנראה שזה באמת מה שאכתוב.

ihalpert
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 93

למתעניינים בוורטון,

היי, שמי ישראל הלפרט ואני סטודנט שנה א בוורטון.

בכל שאלה אנא להרגיש חופשי לפנות – אין שאלות מיותרות. אם אני לא אדע לענות, אשמח להפנות אותכם לאחד משאר הסטודנטים הישראלים פה.

חג שמח ובהצלחה

ihalpert@wharton.upenn.edu

dalit
    חבר

To: ihalpert

תמסור ד"ש חם לירון.

תודה!

savi1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

היי,

האם כדאי לכתוב את ה- essays קודם בעברית ולתרגם בעזרת מקצוען או לכתוב ישירות באנגלית?
    תודה,

אבי

belik1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

FOR SALE- GMAT BOOKS
    1. OG10 (ETS official guide) book
    2. Princeton review 2005 book+CD (Never been used)
    3. Kaplan 2003 CD, Arco 2003 CD, 8 ETS paper tests (old GMAT tests), 2 GMAT math books
    Cheers,
    Avi
    052-8382332

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

Duke – Fuqua School of Buainess information session in Tel Aviv

I'd like to invite everyone to Duke's information session and reception to be held on Thursday, November 3rd 7:30 pm, at the Sheraton Hotel in Tel Aviv (115 Hayarkon Street).

Stephanie Cohn from the admission office will present the school, program and the admission process.

To register, please go to: https://www.fuquaworld.duke.edu/www/plcontroller?event=INFO_SESSIon_DETAIL&id=2243&progtype=1

I hope to see many of you at the event.

LPOW
    חבר

Guys,

Any one got an interview from Kellogg?

Thanks,

L

YoavLevi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

To: ihalpert

ישראל שלום
    אני מתעניין בוורטון ואשמח מאוד אם תוכל לפרט לי על ההווי וצורות החיים שיש לסטודנטים שם בעיקר הירשאלים וכן האפשרותיו שיש למי שנשוי עם תינוק לשהתלב במקום.
    בנוסף לכך אודה לך אם תוכל להסביר לי ולהפנות אותו למקורות למלגות לימודים ומחיה.
    בברכה.
    יואב

LPOW
    חבר

Anyone got an invite for an interview?

Thanks,

L

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

To: dalit

Coming to London for the weekend and would be happy to meet up for a pint, if you're not too busy reading cases. Let me know!

Ichiban

[email protected]

[email protected]

yaniv_ma
    חבר

i did.

LPOW
    חבר

To: yaniv_ma

Cool,

Where to? & How long before the deadline did you apply?

Thanks!

L

yaniv_ma
    חבר

LPOW

i have interview to kellogg. I applied 2-3 days before deadline.

As I understand, 97% of applicants are interviewed, so it doesn't say anything…

Yaniv

LPOW
    חבר

Thank for for the quick reply,

How was the interview, what did they ask, what was the interviewer like- background etc,

I am just another kellogg hopeful wanting to know more :)

Cheers

Ron Tamir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

I'm a current MBA student at Kellogg (1st year) and just saw your questions about the interview. Keep in mind that there is also the possibility of a phone interview (last year they had a lot of applicants so they interviewed me over the phone…).

If you have any more questions, let me know (there is also a separate chat about Kellogg in this site).

Also, around December (I don't know the exact date yet) there will be a student led panel in Israel about Kellogg. The date and location will be posted as soon as they will be finalized.

Good luck,

Ron

LPOW
    חבר

To: Ron Tamir

Ron,

Can you please share your interview experience & your background – what makes you unique :)

Thanks,

yaniv_ma
    חבר

מישהו יודע מתי האוניברסיטאות פונות לממליצים?

האם זה תוך כדי התהליך (לפני שהוועדה מחליטה אם לקבל אותי), או רק במקרה שהחליטו לקבל אותי ואני החלטתי להירשם.

יניב

eliko
    חבר

as far as I know only if you were admited and decided to go.

some schools dont even check

LPOW
    חבר

Did anyone hear from wharton? I noticed that some interviews went out (BW forms)

It's really quiet here…

yaniv_ma
    חבר

what is "BW forms"?

Re: My interview to kellogg is postponed to Thursday.

Yaniv

Ron Tamir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

LPOW,

Well, about my background – nothing unique – I was a lawyer in Tel Aviv for about 2.5 years (I also have a degree in accounting). I think about half the Israeli MBA students also have law degrees :), although it's not that common in the U.S (since law degrees are also graduate degrees).

My interview with Kellogg was over the phone. I applied on the last day of the second round (1st and 2nd parts of the application), and they didn't have any available alumni to interview me in Israel at the time, so I scheduled a phone interview with them.

The interview itself was very warm, even though it was over the phone. I spoke with a lady from admissions, who asked all te usual question (why MBA? Why Kellogg? Teamwork experience, etc.), and I managed to tell a joke or two as well, so it was fine.

In the interview, try to be warm, outgoing and energetic – Kellogg is A LOT about student involvement and student initiative, so try and show a lot of that.

Good luck,

Ron

oria
    חבר

Hi everybody,

There is an information session on Chicago GSB EMBA program which is held tonight (November 1st) at 19:00 at Dan Tel Aviv Hotel. Here is a link with all details:

https://s08.123signup.com/servlet/SignUp?P=1522474191153123600&PG=1522474182300&Info

It is highly recommended!!!

Tabash1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi All,

My name is Tal, a first year student at MIT Sloan.

I would be happy to answer any question you might have about Sloan, the application process, life as a student (and in general) etc.

Although I would be writing solely from my personal experience I have some reflections from a 7-weeks-at-school perspective. If there's anything I can do to provide information in the process don't hesitate to shoot me an email.

Good luck to you all,

Tal Ben-Shahar

[email protected]

dalit
    חבר

You'd be interested to know the following (cham me'hatanur):

Record number of MBA graduates secure jobs within three months of graduation

London Business School's MBA class of 2005 has met tremendous success in the job market. The number of MBA graduates who have accepted job offers within three months of graduation stands at a whopping 96% – up 11% compared with 2004. In 2003, just 65% of graduates had found a job within three months of graduation.

Of the 296 MBAs that graduated in 2005, we have no data on 22 and we know that three were not seeking employment, leaving 271 who we know were seeking employment. Of these, 233 found new jobs, 20 returned to their previous employers, and seven started their own companies.

dovi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

To: danteleman2002

dan hi

i would like to register to the convenstion yet the link isnt functioning

i'll appreciate if you'll let me know if it's still possible to register

[email protected]

yaniv_ma
    חבר

What is the interviews situation?

I was interviewed for Kellogg yesterday….

did anyone else get it? what about other schools?

LPOW
    חבר

Well,

I dont have any news on my side – how did the interview go? I am waiting for Wharton – seems like the interviews are out….

Good luck

yaniv_ma
    חבר

it went ok. the interviewer was great – he didn't put me under pressure and was very comfortable and warm. The questions were the usual – nothing unexpected. Now I'm eating my nails…

Yaniv

boazcn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 139

Considering graduate studies in business? Want to study abroad?
    You are hereby invited to the reception of one of the top MBA schools in the world.

The reception will be hosted by current Israeli Kellogg students and Kellogg Alumni who would like to share their experience with you.
    This is a great opportunity to get a comprehensive understanding of the Kellogg MBA spirit, its unique culture and the different academic programs the Kellogg School of Management has to offers (the one year program, the two year program and the MMM program). We will also try to address general issues not specific to Kellogg such as financing your MBA studies, post-MBA career opportunities and visa issues.

W E D NESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2005 7:00 PM THE INTERDISCIPLINARY CENTER, HERZLIYA – AUDITORIUM 316 ARISON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS’ BUILDING .

RSVP: [email protected]

We look forward to meeting you,
    Boaz.

eliko
    חבר

שלום לכל החברה

האם מישהו הגיש לשיקגו וקיבל סימן חיים – ראיון לדוגמא?

LPOW
    חבר

To: eliko

No news here – havent heard from C or W

L

eliko
    חבר

אצלי בינתיים רק השתנה הסטטוס ל COMPLETE

גם זה לקח זמן והם אפילו הודיעו שחסר חומר בטעות

טוב אין לנו אלא להמתין בסבלנות …. (-)

תודה על העידכון

LPOW
    חבר

At least we'll know where we are with W – if we dont hear from them by the end of next week we are out of the game…

Best of luck to all,

L

yonis
    חבר

It changed to "Complete" for Wharton or Chicago?

I'm asking becasue my Chicago application changed to "complete" about 2 days after the submission, but when I check the status it says in the transcript line that the transcript had not been submitted, although before I pushed the "submit" button the online application had the transcript I uploaded available for viewing.

Did yuu experience the same "problem"?

Thanks.

eliko
    חבר

To: yonis

It is the same for me.

I think that the transcripts status relates to the official docs

we are suppose to send if admitted.

Regards and good luck,

eliko

LPOW
    חבר

Any news from W? seems like international interviews are out…

L

noon
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 24

To: yonis

Same here with Chicago. I asked them and they told me it is fine, so don't worry about it.

yaniv_ma
    חבר

הגיע המייל המיוחל מוורטון.

יניב

yonis
    חבר

Thanks,

Anything reassuring helps.

Y.S.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,001 עד 1,050 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.