Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,351 עד 1,400 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • rocksrabbit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 70

To: All

שלב התודות

אז ככה, לפני חודש וחצי פניתי אליכם בשאלה גורלית האם לגשת שוב (קיבלתי 660) וכולכם אמרתם שכן, אז עכשיו אחרי ששיפרתי ב 50 נקודות רק רציתי להודות:

לתמי (קידום), מיקי(קידום), גלעם (אמרת לי שלא תתפלא אם אקבל 720, אז היית ממש קרוב), ולכל האנשים בפורום שהמליצו לי לגשת שוב…

ומעל כולם לגברת הראשונה של ה sentence correction איירין, ישבתי בבחינה מול אותם שאלות שבפעם הראשונה לא ניראו לי קשורות לחומר שלמדתי בקורס ופתאם הכל היה מוכר, הכל היה ידוע, היו שאלות מעל לרמה שלי אבל עדיין הגעתי לרמה המקסימאלית שיכולתי להגיע אליה והכל בזכותך.

לכל הניגשים: אני ניגשתי פעם ראשונה בדצמבר (ETS) הכמותי היה ממש קליל יחסית לרמה בה מיקי לימד. והמילולי היה מחולק שווה בשווה בין ה CR, RC ו SC.

אבל מי שניגש עכשיו מצפה לו פורמט חדש וגם אני ועוד מספר אנשים שמנו לב להבדלים אז תשימו לב:

בכמותי הציון שלי לא השתנה (היה ונשאר 50), אבל אני אומר לכם רמת השאלות עלתה, ונתקלתי בלא מעט שאלות ברמה גבוהה בהרבה ממה שראיתי במבחן הראשון שלי וכך גם אנשים ששוחחתי איתם.

לגבי החלק המילולי: מספר שאלות ה CR ירד ל 6 ה RC נשאר אותו דבר ומרבית המבחן מורכב כעת מ SC (מי שחזק בכמותי שישקול לעשות שיעורים פרטיים אצל איירין ולא לקחת קורס), שוב לא ניתן לדעת האם זו מגמה או טרנד חולף אבל לא מעט אנשים ציינו כי זהו המצב.

אז שוב תודה לכולם, וניפגש בארינגו במרץ (אני מקווה)….

איציק קצב

מי שמעוניין לשאול שאלות נוספות – [email protected]

kw1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

hello all, I have a question mainly for MBA students in the top 10 schools:

there are many functions under the umbrella of "Finance": I-Banking, I-Mgmt, VC, PE, Corporate Finance, etc.

I would be happy if someone could do a little "seder" for me regarding
    (1) what each area really means
    (2) who are the main recruiters
    (3) is it possible to get an summer internship or full time offer without previous experience

PaPa

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

To: kw1

Hi PAPA,

I think the question is WWAAAAYYY to broad

I suggest you should do some reading before – go to Vault and Wetfit to get some more info and then ask more specific question

Overall there are Buy Side and Sell side – first answer that

then there is Public equity vs' Private equity – then answer that

Lastly, Late stages vs' early stages – answer that

by answering these three questions you will be able to ask a more succint question

Hope it helps,

A

YFEFFER
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 35

שלום לכולם,

אחרי שעשיתי כבר גמאט וטופאל, הייתי בהרבה אירועים של אוניברסיטאות ודיברתי עם הרבה יותר בוגרים ואחראי קבלה ניגשתי לעשות סדר בכל החומר הרב שאגרתי על כל אוניברסיטה, במטרה להתמקד בחמש שאליהן אני אתכוונן ל07'.

ובכן, השאלה שלי היא כזאת- איך לעזאזל אפשר למצוא ידיים ורגליים בים החומר שקיים?

לכל עיתון או אתר אינטרנט בנושא יש דירוגים וסטטיסטיקות משלו לכל תוכנית, יש את החומר הכתוב שכל בי"ס חילק בפגישות, יש את אתרי האינטרנט של כל בי"ס, יש אתרים עם בלוגים של סטודנטים מכל בי"ס ויש גם אתרים כמו האתר הנפלא הזה.

איך הצלחתם/ן לקבל תמונה אחידה מכל ים המידע הזה ולהתמקד בחמש תוכניות?

אם אפשר, אשמח אם תוכלו להתייחס לנק' הבאות:

1. באילו מקורות מידע נעזרתם/ן יותר ובאילו אתם ממליצים שלא להתקרב.

2. מהי האסטרטגיה שהנחתה אתכם/ן במהלך הסינון (חרשתם על כל אונ' ואז בחרתם או אולי רפרפתם ועשיתם ניפוי ראשוני ואז חרשתם על כמה שנותרו או אולי בכלל הלכתם לאחד מחברות הייעוץ ובפגישה עם המומחים שם בחרתם כמה אונ').

3. כמה זמן התהליך לקח לכם/ן (לקח לי בערך יום וחצי כדי "לסכם" את האונ' הראשונה שניסיתי עד כה).

eliran
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

Hi,

If there is anyone that study or graduate at Babson, I will be happy to talk with. I will be at the campus in two to three weeks from today for an intrview.

Thanks a lot.

Eliran

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

To: eliran

Email me, I'll put you in touch with someone:

[email protected]

netzon
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

I will be arriving at Wharton for a campus tour and interview. Are there any current Israeli students who can meet with me?

Thank you.

kw1
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand

Assaf, thanks for the pointers.
    I did some reading at Vault. Most of the things I already knew, some of them were new and very interesting.

can u relate to who are the main recruiters of MBA graduates in those fields, and whether previous experience is mandatory ?

PaPa

Assaf Wand
    חבר

OK I will try to be brief:

Investment banks- this is a very organized on campus recruiting and all the major banks participate in it- some more financial oriented schools (Chicago, Columbia and Wharton) are better at putting their students in these firms- There are several roles –

Investment Banking, Research, Sales and Trading and Private Banking are the major ones

companies include: Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, JP Morgan, Bear Stearns, Lehman etc' etc'

Investment Management– This basically means moving to the buy side (other than the divisions within the I banks) and the work is mostly covering different stocks, bonds, markets and issuing an investment decision/idea.

You can work either for a Mutual Fund company (Wellington, American Funds, Fidelity etc', or sometimes within Banks Deutsche Bank, William Blair etc') or within an Hedge Fund (same idea with different compensation structure, and a lot more flexible in terms of the investment products available and world – short/long, options, commodities, risk level, leverage etc' etc')- This recruting is a lot more off campus- which means that you: A) should work a lot harder by yourself to get there B) The importance of the school is higher (all the schools above + Harvard)- Big Hedge funds includes Citadel, D.E. Shaw and GLG in Europe to a name a very few of the 9,000 funds out there

Private Equity- The more objective term is investing in private equities- meaning – not public companies, but this space is very broad and almost all the big shops are investing in public companies.

For a simple break down I would break it down between Venture Capital and Buy Out (there are a lot more options in between)

Venture Capital- Investing almost exclusively in the techonology space, in different stages- from the seed (just presentation) to growth capital (infusing money in stable companies)- once again, mostly off campus recruiting- big names are Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, Benchmark, Battery ventures, Greylock (a lot of them are already in Israel)- HBS and Stanford are the best places to get there- one caveat though is that HBS and Stanford are the schools that almost automaticaly accept people from these firms (And the buyout), hence you will be competing for very few jobs with people with network and great experience in the space in these schools. Techonology background is a plus in here.

BuyOut- this means, usually, investing in big, stable, solid and cash generating companies – many times taking private a public company, then usually changing some of the management, the operations and mostly the financial structure of the acquired companies- Bezek in Israel is a good example of an acquistion, and Markstone and FIMI for Buyout shops

KKR, Blackstone, Carelyle etc' are the big players, this is an offcampus process, and HBS dominates that space (with the same caveat as for the VC), there is very little recruiting done also in Wharton, it is very difficult to enter a good shop

That's my subjective two cents, it is based on broad generalization and is aimed at giving you a rough idea

Hope it helps

Assaf

eshinar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

To: netzon

LPOW
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 200

Just some reading before b-school:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/mostadmired/

kw1
    חבר

thank you Assaf
    Ivy1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi KW1,

Here are few remarks in addition to Assaf’s detailed and educated response.

Investment banking – I tend to agree with most of what Assaf said. I would add that Columbia, Wharton and HBS are the best schools for investment banking (recruiting-wise).

Investment Management – you don’t have to work harder to get there as long as it is on campus recruiting process (such as Wellington, American Funds, Fidelity etc. or within the banks). These companies recruited on campus this year in Wharton , Chicago, Columbia and HBS.

Hedge funds – very different story (although the top funds did come to formally recruit on campus in Wharton this year and some also went to HBS and Chicago). In case you have to look for a hedge fund off campus I agree with Assaf – you are going to work very hard to find something, anything. Some categorize hedge fund in the same pool of PE (definition wise).

Private Equity – I agree with the distinction between early stage and late stage (VC and buyout for the sake of argument simplicity, although it is very artificial one). Stanford and HBS are probably the more popular schools among the VC employers with Wharton in the 3rd place. I also agree with Assaf that it is almost impossible to find a job there (especially for non-Americans) so it doesn’t really matter where do you go to school (in this context).

Buyout – I am very familiar with this field and I have some insights to add. Today most of the focus is on the operational level and not only on the financial aspect. As a junior guy you will deal mostly with financials aspects, though (read – build models). This is NOT an off campus process if you go to HBS or Wharton. In fact, this year few top funds including The Carlyle Group, KKR, Blackstone, DLJ Capital partners (CSFB), Madison Dearborn, and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners were formally and actively recruiting ON CAMPUS in 2 schools – Wharton and HBS. For the rest of the funds – Assaf is right, it is an off campus process that is almost impossible, especially for non-Americans.

CaveatI agree with Assaf, if you don’t have previous background you are going to face major frustration when looking for these (PE) positions even if you are going to HBS or Wharton or Stanford. The people (mainly Americans) in these schools are so experienced and well connected in these industries (prior to B-school) that they are in their own recruiting league. Having said that, it is not impossible and people are finding jobs in PE in general and in the top shops in particular (even an Israeli or two succeeded in that).

yonis
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 73

To: Ivy1

Hi Ivy1,

Thanks for this useful information.

I wanted to ask:

Can one who is not an American and with no previouse experience in PE (and Buyout) enter the industry from the Investment Management industry (and Hedge Funds), which according to you is relatively easier to get into (in comparison to PE)?

Thanks.

yonis
    חבר

Ivy1,

A followup to my last response:

Can I also contact you through regular e-mail?

Thanks,

Y.S.

LPOW
    חבר

I would like to add that a gradual transition into PE is probably a more realistic option for someone w/o a relevant background. Therefore one who is committed to PE could follow a route of going into an IBank or consulting and jump ship in the right market (bubbly macro environment).

L
    yonis
    חבר

To: LPOW

Hi L,

Can someone also transition into PE from Investment Management (either from a division within an Investment Bank, or from another type of firm which is not an Investment Bank) or solely from traditional Investment Banking or Consulting?

Thanks.

Ivy1
    חבר

To: yonis

Yonis,

First, I didn’t say that (decent) hedge fund is easier to get into than PE; I referred to the big investment management (IM) firms (Fidelity, etc).

Second, it is (IM) not necessarily easier – it depends on your experience and passion (yeah really) for investments. You can’t bullshit your way into any of these places.

Third, I don’t think it would be much easier to get a PE offer when coming from IM, since transaction experience is crucial when looking for a job in PE.

Having said that, stranger things have happened.

As for gradual transition into PE through Investment Banking (IB) – I agree that this is the traditional consensus. Just to put things in perspective – at least 200 people from the top banks are going to compete against you for probably 10 available positions (in the top shops). These guys are going to be better connected and suited for the position. The ‘master-plan’ of going to IB and then making the transition into PE is one of the biggest misconceptions in B-schools. It won’t be (necessarily) any easier 2-3 years down the road.

Assaf Wand
    חבר

I completly agree,

In addition, to actually enable the "smooth" transition I am under the notion that one has to work in Goldman or Morgan stanley and or McKinsey (to lesser extent Bain and BCG) to actually get into the big shops

One comment though- I am not sure that the BIG shops is were you actually want to work – it is a question of where do you see yourself in the future? does brand recoginition is more important to you? or is it actual deal experience (many people in the top shops can work for 2-3 years without actually closing a single dea) and the type of companies that interest you, in addition, in mid cap PE shops you will probably receive considerably more responsibility and better treatment (and personal at that) than at the big shops

just my 2 cents

A

yonis
    חבר

Thanks Ivy1.

Ok, than given what you just wrote:

What in your opinion, is/are the best route/s that one can persue during/after business school in order to hopefully eventually (in the space of a couple of years, if not directly out of business school) get to PE (LBO's and such, for instance)?

(Assuming one goes into one of the top-tier schools (Chicago, Columbia for instance, but not Harvard/Wharton/Stanford))

Y.S.

LPOW
    חבר

I strongly disagree with the point that 2-3 years down the road you wont find it easier to move into PE. Having Goldman or ML on your CV increases your chances dramatically especially for Israelis who worked for no name companies such as Bank Hapoalim or big Israeli law firms. That being said chances are still low – it’s an up hill struggle – if your probability today is 0.001% then it might go up to 5% not a real strategic optionJ.

Bottom line PE is a lot about pedigree – that’s one of the reasons why H/S/W are so popular in this business – they are not better but have more of a snob appeal. That’s why I think IB can help add some spark and improve your chances down the road.

PS: Macro economic conditions are extremely important too.
    gets
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 67

Hi All.
    Can you please share your experience with GMAT preparation? Selfpreparation Vs. Course?
    What GMAT preparation company can you reccomend?
    I know about the following: GMAX, Meitav, Kidum, Princeton Review,
    High-Q. Pors Vs. Cons of each course?
    How can you rate your experience with these courses? Had you got out of them as much as you have expected?
    Since I feel more confident in math part than in verbal, I would like to get your opinion regarding which of the above courses is stronger at verbal part.
    Your reccomendations regarding preparation books are also welcomed.
    Thank You All in Advance.
    Gets
    rocksrabbit
    חבר

To: gets

Hey gets

Well I can help you a lot since I did the course at kidum but was not satisfied with their tutoring method for the English section.

Kidum way is to teach you warning indications in the Sentence correction part, but you need to come with a strong base in English grammar, well that's how I see it.

On my first GMAT which was in 2005 I got 50 on Q and 30 on V and a total score of 660, then I decided that I need to be tutored as a student is and need the material to be given to me. So I decided to take a private tutoring with Irene which as I heard before and now I know for fact is the best in Israel for teaching SC.

Furthermore, I did my second exam in February and got again 50 on Q and 37 on V. in the new exam as it seems there are far more sc question than in the old format, so see those 7 points as a good improvement since SC was my worst part in the first exam.

If you go to kidum anyway I recommend Tammy Ninio as V Teacher and Miki as Math both were very good.

Regarding the Q section if you are feeling strong enough you can do it by yourself, but it requires a high discipline. Now the new format of the test include some very hard questions in the q section. Regarding the V section take a course but I recommend you to consider Irene for the verbal class, private tutoring will cost you as a similar verbal only class at kidum for example.

Regarding to prep materials, use all the given exams for good practice, Kaplan, Crack, Cambridge but remember their score is below the actual one. The GMATPREP test predict accurately both actual gmat scores (Basically the average between the two prep tests)

Hope I helped

Itzik Katzav

gets
    חבר

To: rocksrabbit

Hi Itzik.
    Thank you very much for the info.
    Is that Irene Orleansky (who teachs at meitav course) who you refer to?
    Is her SC book and methods as good and helpful as Meitav people market them?
    What was your final grade after the improvement?
    Best Regards,
    gets
    gets
    חבר

Hi Itzik.
    Just forgot to ask.
    Was the Q part of the test you have done on Feb of higher level than the test you took at 2005? Cuase I have heard that since the new company conducting the test the level of the Q part was raised and the V part was restructured ( more SC questions).
    Thank you in advance,
    gets
    gets
    חבר

Hi Itzik.
    Just forgot to ask.
    Was the Q part of the test you have done on Feb of higher level than the test you took at 2005? Cuase I have heard that since the new company conducting the test the level of the Q part was raised and the V part was restructured ( more SC questions).
    Thank you in advance,
    gets
    rocksrabbit
    חבר

Hey gets

Yes it is Irene Orleansky.

Irene teaches you the material, with Irene you practice questions as you did In high schools, but you learn the material.

My final grade was 710, and the difference was huge in the first test I felt like guessing and in the second, I know what I was doing, and it felt great.

I did not buy her book, since I already spent so much money on kidum courses, and then I needed to spend money on private tutoring, but she was so professional and she send me PDF version of homework, hand writing tests, and keep track of my progress.

If you need any other thing do not hesitate

[email protected]

Itzik Katzav

rocksrabbit
    חבר

Sorry did not see the rest of your question.
    Yes I publish it before in this forum, even though my q grade was not changed I felt that the question level was raised by 2 or 3 levels, and it was not a pilot one, so take a good prepare for it.
    Regarding the SC part, yes again, it seems like the part was restructured and now there are many SC question.
    I heard those two points from other gmat takers as well.
    Good morning
    Itzik Katzav
    gets
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2

Hi austinpowers_2.
    Thank you fror the info.
    Was you satisfied with the level of the course? Especialy the V part?
    Do you have a filling that you got something that you wouldn't be able to learn by yourself?
    Best Regards,
    gets
    P.S.
    To moderator: I would appreciate if you move this conversation to the forum suggested by austinpower_2.
    gets
    חבר

Good morning Itzik.
    Thank You very much.
    Your insights was very helpful!
    gets
    austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

Gets, I "moved" the thread myself. I answered you in the other conversation.
    Assaf Wand
    חבר

Hi Everyone,

A friend from Chicago GSB has asked me to post this survey – it is meant to understand the different perceptions and reasoning behind applying to different schools

it doesn't take more than 5 minutes and is actually interesting

enjoy

U color=#0000ffhttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?A=119041459E45241/U

bilgrai
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

לכל המתעניינים בלימודים בחו"ל,

לאור העובדה שסיימנו את תהליך הקבלה, נותרו ברשותנו חומרים רבים אודות ביה"ס השונים בארה"ב (עלונים, חומר מודפס מהאינטרנט, חוברות מידע וכו').

מי שרוצה, מוזמן לבוא ולקחת :[email protected]

עדי ואיל

sefi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 31

interesting indeed.

Would it be possible to publish the motivation as well as the results of the survey?

Assaf Wand
    חבר

To: sefi

I think it is a marketing project by several students in Chicago GSB trying to improve the school's positioning and for that they want to better understand it by having this simple survey with a short conjoint analysis bit

Assaf

gets
    חבר

Hi All.
    My question is mostly addressed to those of you who have a work experience in US after MBA graduation or during interships, however I would be glad to get any information from All the members of this great forum.
    As one with tech. background who have a family and considering a career change, the subject of average (and maximum) working hours in different specialization areas, like iBanking, Investment Management, Consulting, traiding, PE, VC, and other , is very important to me. I have heard some people saying that consultants can easily work up to 18-20 hours per day on a regular basis! And an average working day of financial analyst is 16 hours (http://www.vault.com).
    Is the amount of work load different on west and east coast?
    Is the situation different in Hi-Tech?
    Please share you experience, especialy these of you who have families and children.
    Thank you all in advance.
    gets
    אלמוני
    לא פעיל
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

To: Itair

תגידו, מישהו קיבל תשובה משיקגו?

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

To: 700wannabe

מנסיוני הקודם הם יתחילו לעשות טלפונים למתקבלים מחר בערב.

הסטטוס מתעדכן ב LOGIN ביום רביעי ב 17:00

חשוב לבדוק כי הם לא בהכרח מספיקים להתקשר לכל המתקבלים.

בהצלחה

OhadIESE
    חבר

Dear Friends,

My Business School, IESE, is holding its first information session in Israel (a great achievement for the Israeli Alumni) and I would appreciate your cooperation in circulating the attached invitation around your company's management and employees.

IESE MBA program has been ranked no. 1 business school in the 2005 Economist business schools ranking and top 12 in the parallel Financial Times ranking. This is a genuine opportunity to have a close look at one of the current global leaders in business education, and receive some first hand tips for the application process.

More info at: face=Arial http://www.iese.edu/en/ad/MBA/Infosessions/TelAviv_5Apr.html/SPAN
    Please feel free to contact me for any further inquiry.

Kind regards,

Ohad Tsafriri
    IESE MBA
    class of 2005
    rocksrabbit
    חבר

שלום לכולם

אני עשיתי את הטעות בשנה שעברה ובגלל בורות לא התחלתי את התהליך בזמן.

שוחחתי בימים האחרונים עם מספר אנשים חלקם יודעים פחות או יותר מה התהליך וחלקם לא ממש בקיאים, אל תעשו את הטעות שלי. מי שמעוניין להגיש מועמדות ל תחילת לימודים באוקטובר 2007 צריך להתחיל את התהליך עכשיו (למעשה היה עדיף אם היה מתחיל אותו קודם), אל תטעו אומנם האפליקיישן מפורסמים רק בעוד כ 4 חודשים אבל התהליך ארוך וישנם הרבה מאוד דברים שניתן להכין מראש.

כל מי שנכנס בהגדרה של אותם אנשים שיתחיל כאן:

http://www.aringo.co.il/HebrewSite/hTheProcess.htm

וילמד על תהליך ההכנה להגשת הבקשה, אני התחלתי את התהליך ואני אומר לכם זה המון עבודה (אני עוד עשיתי GMAT וTOEFL) ישנם אנשים שצריכים לעשות את המבחנים במקביל.

חשוב מאוד שיותר ישראלים יגישו כמה שיותר אפליקיישן בסיבוב הראשון זה יעזור לנו מאוד ויגדיל את קהילת בוגרי ה MBA הישראלית.

איציק קצב

אשמח לעזור בכל שאלה אישית הן בפורום והן ב 0546228414

[email protected]

Hoffmann
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32

להלן כתבה שפורסמה בגלובס, אמנם לא רק על MBA אבל עדיין מעניין:
    אוני' חלומות בארה"ב: לא הרווארד וייל אלא NYU – השנה השלישית ברציפות
    אשתקד גדל מספר הבקשות להתקבל לאוניברסיטת ניו יורק ביותר מ-200% לעומת שנת 1990
    שירות בלומברג 22/3/2006
    אוניברסיטת ניו יורק, NYU שמספר המבקשים להתקבל אליה הוא הגדול ביותר בקרב מוסדות ההשכלה הפרטיים בארה"ב, הביסה את אוניברסיטאות הרווארד וייל זו השנה השלישית ברציפות במאבק על המקום הראשון ברשימת האוניברסיטאות המועדפות בקרב הסטודנטים.

אוניברסיטת הארווארד, השוכנת בקיימברידג' שבמדינת מסצ'וסטס הגיעה למקום השני בסקר "אוניברסיטת החלומות" שהקיף 3,890 סטודנטים פוטנציאליים. אוניברסיטת סטנפורד נמצאת במקום השלישי ואוניברסיטת ייל במקום הרביעי.

השנה קיבלה אוניברסיטת ניו יורק 35,000 בקשות קבלה לשנת הלימודים שתיפתח ב-2010, אמר אתמול (ג') דובר האוניברסיטה, ג'ון בקמן.

"הסטודנטים רוצים את אוניברסיטת ניו יורק בשל רמת הלימודים האקדמיים, והעובדה שהיא שוכנת בלב העיר ניו יורק, שבה ניתן למצוא אין ספור הזדמנויות להתמחות במקצועות השונים", אמר אתמול (ג) בקמן בראיון טלפוני. "העיר ניו יורק הפכה לאבן שואבת וכולם רוצים לחיות בה".

אשתקד גדל מספר בקשות הקבלה לאוניברסיטת ניו יורק, השוכנת במנהטן תחתית, ביותר מ-200% לעומת שנת 1990, והגיע ל-33,683. בשנת 1990 עמד מספר בקשות הקבלה על 10,000 בלבד. כיום לומדים 39,000 סטודנטים לתארים ראשון, שני ושלישי באוניברסיטה, שנוסדה ב-1831.

פרינסטון ריוויו, חברה ניו יורקית העוסקת בהכנת תלמידים למבחני קבלה באוניברסיטה, ומטפלת גם בבקשות הקבלה, פרסמה את ממצאי סקר "אוניברסיטת החלומות" במסגרת סקר רחב יותר בשם "סקר תקוות וחששות בתחום הלימודים האקדמיים", שאותו החלה לערוך ב-2003.

במקום השישי ברשימת האוניברסיטאות הפופולריות ביותר הופיעה אוניברסיטת בראון, ואחריה באו אוניברסיטת קולומביה, אוניברסיטת דיוק, אוניברסיטת קורנל ואוניברסיטת קליפורניה.

"בנוסף ללימודים האקדמיים מחפשים הסטודנטים גם חוויה תרבותית עשירה", אמר פיטר סטוקס, אנליסט בכיר בחברת המחקר אדיבנצ'רס, המתמחה בשוק החינוך. "החיים בעיר ניו יורק מפתים במיוחד לצעירים, מכיוון שלניו יורק יש כל כך הרבה להציע בתחום החינוכי, התרבותי והפוליטי".

eliko
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 203

To: 1234

speak for yourself …..

Laker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

Stern is certainly a great business school and offers one of the most

interesting MBA programs, though I doubt whether one can compare

HBS and Stanford to NYU in terms of being a "dream school".

Laker

rocksrabbit
    חבר

Hello all

I am looking for a connection in Berkeley and Michigan do any of you know one, and can give me is E-Mail I would like to ask a few questions.

Thanks

Itzik Katzav

Assaf Wand
    חבר

Hi Itzik

I think it will be best if you will go to the IIMBA website

http://www.iimba.org/aboutus

and go to the school's moderator's – each school has one with contacts and are ready, able and willing to help you out

hope it helps,

Assaf

Infowell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 71
    Laker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

To: Infowell

hhh…

I just logged on to post the exact same message…

Guess you were quicker.

Laker

austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

To: Infowell

Infowell,

What I read in the article is that the author talks specifically about marketing positions, and at specific niches of this position. As usual in "shallow" media – big headlines ("MBA is not worth it"), little depth…

My humble opinion… I will not change my plans :-)

Infowell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 71

To: austinpowers_2

I Agree. The article is indeed shallow and I'd not take it too seriously.
    emardix
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

To: OhadIESE

Ohad,

Could you pls provide your email address? just want to catch up…

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,351 עד 1,400 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.