Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,451 עד 1,500 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • LPOW
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 200

To: anatshi

Anat,

Which school have you decided to attend?

Good Luck

L

anatshi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

To: LPOW

Hi,

I will decide by the end of the week… (and let you know)

send me your email to [email protected]

Anat

greenfeld
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 282

To: anatshi

את עדיין על הוויט-ליסט של שלוחת אוניברסיטת ריגה בערד?!

shulmag
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

LPOW,

Which school did you choose : ) ?

anatshi
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 40

To: greenfeld

ly-cbs
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

To: All

The Columbia Business School reception will be held this Saturday, May 20th 20:00-22:00 at Uzi Bach bar at Lilenblum 30 in Tel Aviv

Lior

JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

Well, I haven't been around for a couple of weeks but now I am free to refocus on my reapplication for next year (although I am still waitlisted at NYU).

I am curious to know who from our friends here are reapplying. I was happy to see many acceptances amongst the board, so the list should be short. Maybe we could start a seperate thread for reapplicants? How would we do that?

Good luck to you all & a safe return to all those leaving us this summer,

JoeC

P.S. – Rafi please send me an e-mail asap to: aazucker@netvision.net.il

Thanks

yuvalnitsan
    חבר

i dont know if my message was delivered but i wanted to thank all your answers.

i would like to contact couples that study (both) in the US. and israelis that study for DR in biology or life science.

thanks.

yaniv1975
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 46

שלום

בת זוגתי פסיכולוגית, ואנחנו נוסעים יחדיו לבוסטון. אני מנסה לאסוף מידע בנוגע לאפשרויות תעסוקה/לימודים בשבילה.

האם למישהו שלומד/למד בארהב יש בת זוג שעבדה או למדה בתחום של פסיכולוגיה? אשמח לשמוע על כך ולקבל מידע בענין

במידה ולא, אשמח לשמוע מנסיונם האישי של חברי הפורום מה עשו בנות הזוג שלהם בזמן שהם למדו – ישבו בבית, עבודות דחק, עבודות בקהילה היהודות וכדומה

תודה מראש למשיבים

LPOW
    חבר
    Top3
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

"עם השנים בנה לו "אינסיאד" מוניטין בינלאומיים ובוגריו פיתחו גאווה של יחידי סגולה. בית הספר עומד בשורה אחת עם בית הספר למינהל עסקים "וורטון" ובית הספר למינהל עסקים של הרווארד."

That's good news for Israel, I guess.

But you know that the fact it says the above doesn't mean it's true. It's a great school, but not like Wharton or Harvard.

LPOW
    חבר

To: Top3

It is true in Europe ;)

eyam
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 47

Hi future applicants,

I am selling a few excellent books on the application process – strategies, essay writing, interviews and all.

"Your MBA Game Plan: Proven Strategies for Getting into the Top Business Schools" by Omari Bouknight and Scott Shrum

"How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs" by Richard Montauk

"Essays That Will Get You into Business School" by Dan Kaufman

I'll be happy to enclose various informational pamphlets I picked up along my search and other written material to the buyers.

Eyal – 052-2504072

nate77
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 52
    dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

עזבו אותכם מדירוגים. תבחרו בי"ס לפי הדברים החשובים באמת… כמו למשל:

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/4095b0f0-f156-11da-940b-0000779e2340,dwp_uuid=b29636b0-20ee-11d8-81c6-0820abe49a01.html

הייתי שם והיה מד-הים!!!

Top3
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4
    dalit
    חבר

To: Top3

yes… so?
    oded666
    חבר

INSEAD – The Business School for the World – holds on-campus information sessions every Friday afternoon, and also off-campus sessions worldwide. A list of forthcoming events, together with a registration from, can be found on our website.

We would like to let you know that INSEAD will be holding an MBA Information Session in Tel Aviv early next month:

INSEAD MBA INFORMATION SESSION
    Tuesday 6 June 2006, from 6.00pm to 9.00pm
    At TASC Strategic Consulting
    1 Azrieli Center Round Building, 25th Floor
    Tel Aviv 67021

Event hosted by TASC Strategic Consulting

Pre-registration required on http://www.insead.edu/MBA, under "Attend Events", "Information Events Worldwide"

This event, organised by the INSEAD MBA Department, will consist of a welcome by the hosting company, a presentation of the INSEAD MBA Programme by Cassandra Pittman, MBA Marketing Manager, comments from INSEAD MBA alumni and current participants, and a question & answer session. A cocktail will be offered after the presentation, allowing people to speak directly with Cassandra, and hear first-hand from a group of MBA alumni about how INSEAD has contributed to their careers.

Pre-registration is required, and the number of seats is strictly limited.

Register now

dalit
    חבר

U color=#0000ff http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3071581571603327832/U

A cool video: a day in the life of an MBA student @ LBS

liorbutton
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

To: JoeCool

שלום רב

קוראים לי ליאור

אני סטודנט באוניברסיטת פוסט בקונטיקט

אני לומד לתואר כפול במנהל עסקים ושיווק ויש לי שתי "מיינורים " במערכות מידע וניהול

השאלה שלי היא , מה כדי לי לעשות אחרי שאני אסיים את התואר ? לאין כדי לי ללכת, אתם מכירים חברות טובות ? או אולי להתחיל תואר שני ? ואיזה תואר שני ?

liorbutton
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 5

שלום רב

קוראים לי ליאור

אני סטודנט באוניברסיטת פוסט בקונטיקט

אני לומד לתואר כפול במנהל עסקים ושיווק ויש לי שתי "מיינורים " במערכות מידע וניהול

השאלה שלי היא , מה כדי לי לעשות אחרי שאני אסיים את התואר ? לאין כדי לי ללכת, אתם מכירים חברות טובות ? או אולי להתחיל תואר שני ? ואיזה תואר שני ?

Laker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 60

To: liorbutton

ואוו!

כמה שאלות גדולות בהודעה אחת.

התשובה האמת די פשוטה, ליאור: תלוי.

חלק מעדיפים להמשיך עם לימודיהם ישר לתואר שני, בעוד שאחרים מעדיפים לצבור ניסיון עבודה משמעותי טרם הגשת הבקשות. הכל מאוד תלוי בבנאדם והשלב שבו הוא מצוי.

אותו דבר נכון גם לגבי חברות – באיזה תחום אתה מתעניין? במה אתה רואה את עצמך עוסק בעתיד? איזה תרבות ניהולית מתאימה לך?

מקווה שזה טיפה עוזר,

Laker

LPOW
    חבר

If anyone is heading to MIT this year can they please leave their email here?

Thanks

L
    JSJS
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

My summary of last night's INSEAD meeting:

TASC Consulting's employees seemed very nice. The secretary at the reception desk was very warm and welcoming. (It was such a shock because I always encounter unpleasant secretaries in offices in Tel Aviv). I also spoke to a Principal at TASC who was very friendly. They are looking to hire more consultants. It seems like a consultancy with lots of potential for growth. Their competitive advantage is "Hire us because we're cheaper than the global strategy consultancies". They are using this to their advantage in Israeli and Eastern Europe, but it seems inevitable that they will merge or be swallowed by a larger firm.

INSEAD sent their new MBA marketing manager to deliver the presentation. She was a fantastic speaker. The INSEAD Alumni were all very happy with their experience. I must say that most of them were very vague about the tough ROI questions. The program costs are 45,000 Euro plus 2,000 Euro X 11 months for living expenses.

There seemed to be an even split of ex-lawyers and ex-engineers. Most of them work in high tech although there were one or two in VC or consulting in Israel.

Some of my favourite things: One INSEAD grad told about how he approached [Large Israeli Holding Company] and [Well-known controlling shareholder of said company] in 2001 to fund his INSEAD MBA. He received $10,000, and a promise of a job which never materialized because of the recession etc. so he ended up with the money with no strings attached!

One current INSEAD student spoke about living in Fontainbleu with his wife. I'm still a little unclear how people can afford to go with their wives and "send them shopping in Paris every weekend", or how students at the Singapore campus can fly to Thailand and Vietnam every weekend.

Overall a great information evening.

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

שלום לכולם,

רציתי לדעת מהי ההשפעה ומהי ההתיחסות ל- re-applicant במקרים הבאים:

1. לא התקבלתי ושנה אחרי אני מנסה שוב.

2. התקבתי, אך מאיזושהי סיבה החלטתי לדחות בשנה ואני מגיש שוב שנה אחרי.

תודה רבה,

איתי.

eyam
    חבר

שלום לכולם

אני מוכר מספר ספרים העוזרים בתהליך ה-application הבא עליכם לטובה.

אנא צרו קשר עם איל – 052-2504072, egrundstein (at) yahoo.com

JoeCool
    חבר

What other consultant/editing services are there in israel other then Aringo?

Thanks

mba_il
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11
    Can you say which books?
    eyam
    חבר

To: mba_il

Hi there

How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs by Montauk

Your MBA Game Plan: Proven Strategies for Getting into the Top Business Schools

Essays That Will Get You into Business School by Dan Kaufman

Contact me at egrundstein @ yahoo.com

nate77
    חבר
    Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

To: nate77

I think it is a general article rather than an HBS one and is true to all the schools

A

nate77
    חבר

חשבתם שעל מנת להתקבל להרווארד חייבים תואר ראשון???ובכן, לא אם אם אתם בלייק גוטסמן,העוזר האישי של ג'ורג' בוש, שחלק מהניסיון המנהיגותי שלו כולל הוצאת הכלב הנישאותי ותיכנות האי-פוד האישי של הנשיא.

כתבה כולל וידאו על העוזר:

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO21006

דרך אגב הוא ידע את הנסיכה, כלומר את הבת של בוש

Laker
    חבר

מישהו ממכם קרא את התגובה של "רענן" בסוף הכתבה? מרתיע…

"כבוגר של אוניברסיטה שמדורגת היום בחמישיה המובילה ושלא נחשבת הרבה פחות יוקרתית מהרווארד אני יכול להגיד שחבריי שהיו שאפתנים כמוני אבל לא בזבזו 120 אלף דולר בשנתיים האלה (כולל מחיה) אינם נמצאים במקום אחר יחסית אליי. הם צברו שנתיים מאוד חשובות של פרקטיקה בתעשיה (כל אחד בתחומו הוא) וכיום הם מנהלים בכירים ממני (סיימתי כבר לפני 6 שנים). מעבר לעלות הכספית צריך לזכור שטווח המשרות שמוצע לבוגרים אינו מרשים במיוחד וכולל בעיקר משרות ייעוץ ,אנליסטים, בנקאי השקעות וכיו"ב או במילים אחרות המון עבודה קשה ומעט הילה, יוקרה וניהול אמיתי. מי שיצבור ניסיון אמיתי ניהולי בשנתיים האלה או יתקדם לעמדה ניהולית בארגון ישיג לא פחות מבוגר התואר היוקרתי ובמקרים רבים הרבה יותר. בקיצור חייבים לחשוב טוב טוב לפני שעושים את הצעד הזה. אני חזרתי כבר לארץ אחרי 3 שנות עבודה בארה"ב והשכר שלי בארץ לא הצדיק את המהלך. לשיקולכם".

LPOW
    חבר

To: Laker

This is true for the Israeli market – in the US or Europe your chances of finding a good job after attending an MBA are so much higher. Israel is a small place – MBA is great for international business but if you expect to recoup your investment by working in Israel then you are so wrong – better to attend TUA evening MBA.

shimonh
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 159

Re: recoup the investment in the israeli market:

Do you think that it is true even when you look over longer periods than those usually used for calculating the MBA ROI in the US? What about someone who looks over 15-20 years?

Thanks,

Shimon

nate77
    חבר

To: shimonh, All, LPOW, Laker

רק הבהרה קטנה לגבי המאמר ב-דמארקר. ה19 שנבחרו למעקב הם כולם מנכ"לים של חברות וזה לא הוזכר במאמר, כך כשכותבים שחלקם נכשל אז צריך לזכור שהם נכשלו כמנכ"לים ולא סתם באיזה עבודה שולית. היי, גם בשביל להגיע להיות מנכ"ל צריך להיות מוצלח. האשמה שזה לא הוזכר היא לא ב-דמארקר שעשו עבודת תרגום מוצלחת למדי אלא בניו-יורק טיימס ששכחו לציין את העובדה הזו.

Laker
    חבר

זו באמת נקודה חשובה. עם זאת, השאלה עדיין נותרת בעינה: האם תואר MBA הוא משתלם?

בייחוד השאלה רלוונטית כלפי אנשים שרואים את עצמם בטווח הבינוני והארוך מפתחים קריירה בארץ ולא בחוול.

LPOW
    חבר

To: Laker

Well, that is a complicated question,

1. Long run data is hard to break down into discrete factors. In 15-20 years other factors kick in and impact your success… will MBA help you make it too the top? That depends on the decisions you make during your career. I cant see how one variable will have such an enduring impact unless complemented with other stellar decisions. The MBA is a means to an end and your success depends on an array of factors.
    2. Is an MBA worth it in the long run: I think the answer is yes – it will open a lot of options I didn’t have in the short run, helping me grow and succeed long term. Therefore I believe at least 4 years work experience abroad are critical not to recoup your investment but to enhance your career. Let us not forget that Israel’s economy is export driven and people with international experience command a premium in the market place. An MBA per se will not secure you a good job in Israel – but 4 years at GE, P&G Google or MSFT will propel your career further then your colleagues (all things equal and not if one of your colleagues is Arrison’s son in low)

My 0.02$

אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

Hi LPOW,

Since you seem to be somewhat of an expert I would like to have your opinion on a related matter. I'm aware that an MBA at one of the top 10 will give you the most benefit if you stay and work abroad for a couple of years but still, say you do come back straight away. Do mean to tell me that an MBA from a top brand like Harvard/Stanford/Wharton will not carry any weigth at all in Israel? While, I do think that it won't matter to any Israeli employeer if you graduated from NYU, I do think that an MBA at one of the schools stated above does carry the wow factor. What do you think?

Eyal

LPOW
    חבר

To: אייל

I frankly think that somebody who works at a good company and spends his evenings at TAU will be in a similar situation if not better – than a frehly minted HBS graduate. Saying that, if ou have some stellar experience prior to the MBA, things may differ.

LPOW

אייל
    חבר

How about a career changer, is it still better to go to TAU? (don't forget that in the US you get to do a summer internship). Also, how about international companies (that have branches in Israel) that value such an MBA in the US (Mckinsey, American Express…), what is your take on those?

Eyal

LPOW
    חבר

Well… IMHO:

1. Career changers: I think that it is very unlikely that an MBA + summer internship will enable you to change careers in Israel: Israeli employees are mainly focused on experience and don’t have structured programmes whichenable you to as a graduate gain experience in a new field (management trainee programmes). Moreover – I think changing careers in the US is very difficult and usually requires you follow the consulting route (which accept people from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds).
    2. Mckinsey etc: Mckinsey is probably the only employer in Israel who would give a premium for studying abroad – if you want to plan your entire career based on one employer who probably does not recruit more than a a handful of associates per year – more power to you. I know other multinationals are more focused on experience mainly because their branches in Israel are local franchise and not wholly owned subsidiaries.

Bottom line: An MBA in the US/Europe opens up a world of employment opportunities which help you gain relevant experience that should (I hope) help you propel your career in Israel. There are some exceptions to this rule – particularly if you’re a lucky guy coming from a well connected family.

Lpow

אייל
    חבר

O.K.

Thanks.

LPOW
    חבר

If you want to take this offline contact me on [email protected]

Lpow

austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

To: LPOW, אייל

Can I be "rude" ? :-)

Your thread is very interesting and relevant to many of us – can I ask you if possible to keep it in the forum (at least the parts that do not disclose your personal info)? The forum was a bit boring lately, and this weekend was a refreshing phenomena.

BTW, LPOW, if I recall you got accepted to several top schools, but I never so a posting from you saying where are you going – have you decided ?

LPOW
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2

Well I spent some time considering my options and for various personal and professional reasons decided to attend HBS. If your off to LBS drop me a line – would be happy to chat.
    Lpow

JoeCool
    חבר

Eyal,

A friend of mine, a recent Wharton graduate, came to Israel to interview for a job here with one of the major banks, after over a year of experience in the U.S. – the response he received was: "What is Wharton? Where is it?"

Needless to say, he didn't get a job there.

austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

To: LPOW, אייל

Like all of us, during my research I heard some "first hand" info from "multinational corps". I'll share with you an anecdote:

A branch of one global corporation in Israel compared TAU MBA's vs ivy league MBA's (with a relatively small sample…). They did not find a significant difference in the performance (if any), but did find a difference in the demands (the ivy guys expected to be promoted faster and wanted more money…).

I guess that is a mere anecdote and not a general truth (I want to believe that as I am starting my MBA in London Business School in 2 months), but what it proves once again that an ivy league MBA is not a "ticket to success" but just another good move…

LPOW
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2

All i can say is experience experience experience: Joining a management training program based abroad after school will enhance your career dramatically – your going for an MBA to secure a great job abroad that in the long run will propel your career in Israel. Without experience an MBA is like frosting without a cake – rather too sweet.

Lpow

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

To: austinpowers_2, JoeCool

Guys,

Strange that you are still interested (if not preparing for your first semester) in MBA abroad after such statements…So why anyway?

Itai.

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,451 עד 1,500 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.