Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 2: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,501 עד 1,550 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • אייל
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 210

To: LPOW, All, austinpowers_2

I want to ask one more thing. I am primarily interested in a consulting job, which as you mentioned before would probably be my best shot being a career changer. We already mentioned Mckinsey in Israel, but there are more firms out there: Shaldor, POC, TEFEN, TASC…which I'm guessing that some of them do value an MBA abroad (Shaldor CEO is an HBS grad I think). Another thing I have heard recently is that after working at such a firm (in Israel) the experience + an MBA from a top US school (which is some sort of a rubber stamp) will help you secure an industry job. Don't forget that when working in Isreali market you get to rub elbows with top Israeli managment, something which might help you later on.

So finally, if we limit the discussion to consulting and we ignor the ROI factor for a moment, do you still think that such a move of comming back straight away is absurd?

Don't forget that it is not that easy to get accepted to these top tier firms in Israel (i.e Mckinsey, Shaldor) a top brand MBA could push you over the top.

LPOW
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 200

To: אייל

I know people at Shaldor and do not think a two year MBA abroad will carry a premium at Shaldor vs. someone who has an MBA from TUA which was achieved in parallel to working.
    Cutting off your career makes little sense in the Israeli context – better to work and study at TAU. Again things might be different at Mckinsey.

Bottom line: If your looking to leverage your MBA to secure a job in Israel immediate after your studies then do not be surprised that you will probably be in par with people who worked and studied at TAU – just $150K worse off………

Lpow
    אייל
    חבר

To: LPOW, All

O.K

I see you feel really strongly on the matter. I'm still not fully convinced that when applying for a job, a degree from Harvard/Stanford (notice that I did not say Columbia for instance, I'm noting the realy top guns) will not raise any eyebrows at all in Israel. Also, you have to consider that this MBA trend abroad has become more popular in Israel in the past few years and today there are a lot more managers with such degree then lets say ten years ago. These managers will surelly appreciate a top brand degree if not more than as a very rigorous selection process that this indiviual has passed. You don't know how things are going to look ten years from now …

Another point, you keep refering to studying at TAU at night while working full time. I realy don't think that someone can benefit the the same in this case as someone studying full time. I know a lot of people who are taking the first route and for them the MBA is something they do "along the way", they do as minimal work as they can just to say after 2-3 years that they have an MBA. For someone such as myself, who has no business knowledge what so ever the learning experience counts a lot more than for some one who has a business bachlor degree (and maybe work experience in the field).

my 2 cents

Eyal

LPOW
    חבר

To: àééì

Yes an MBA from H/S will probably have a positive halo effect – but do you really think that a hiring manager will be more impressed by an MBA than 2 years of sound experience + MBA from TAU? Look at CVs of managers of top VC funds most of them are from TAU.

We will have to see – I am sure that my sample will grow quickly in the next few moths and promise to report back ;)

P.S. re minimal work at TAU – jut work harder…. Its all up to you.

nate77
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 52

To: LPOW

I think your statement that the majority of the execs at Israeli VCs have an MBA from TAU is a bit excessive. First of all, in most cases they hold a non-MBA degree, mainly some kind of an engineering/scientific degree either from the Technion or the Hebrew U. Secondly, while there is a strong presence of TAU grads among those who do have an MBA, they definitely don't make up the majority.
    Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

Just my 2 cents,

I tend to agree with LPOW, but the answer I think lies in the middle, just doing an MBA abroad will probably have a limited impact on your career. Yes some employers will value your MBA – amongst them VCs, consulting firms and some banks, in addition to foreign companies and banks (Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanely, Lehman etc', P & G, Uniliver), but the salaries will be limited (which would make it difficult to pay your loans – if you have some like most of us).

I think that one of the better benefits of the MBA is the POST MBA work experience, working in huge, international, leading corporation abroad in a different professional work enviroment is very different and this is what will enhance your skills and career (in my mind), even working for a consulting firm abroad is very different- I currently work in McKinsey NY office and believe that serving Bank Leumi is one thing, but serving the CEO of Citi/UBS/Goldman etc' is quite different in both scale and scope, in addition to seeing the most advanced management techniques, products and services, corporate governance etc' etc'

Lastly, I think that you give WAAAYYYY too much credit to S/H brand name – no one will offer you a CEO position because you went to either one of these schools, people would still base the offers on your past work experience – yes these schools will open many doors for you, but always ask yourself- If I were an employer looking to hire someone for a top position and this guy who went to HBS comes for the job will I give him the job based on that? – My honest answer is – depends – and it mostly depends on your past/relevant work experience and not on the degree

Just my 2 cents

Assaf

LPOW
    חבר

To: nate77

My point was VC mostly dont have MBA from top US schools….surely you can agree with that.

And re Assafs reply – I know for a fact that MBA from a US school will not make a huge difference at local branches of major industrial multinationals….Just apply there directly out of your MBA in Israel…

nate77
    חבר

I do, but they don't have from top Israeli schools either.
    nate77
    חבר

"…I know for a fact that MBA from a US school will not make a huge difference at local branches of major industrial multinationals…"

I'm inclined to agree with when it comes to medium-level positions. However, at the very top, having an MBA from an excellent USA school is becoming increasingly advantageous. See, for example, Meir Brand, Google Israel CEO and HBS grad.

אייל
    חבר

To: All, Assaf Wand, LPOW

Guys,

You are taking my posts out of context. There is no doubt that the major benefit of a top US MBA lies in the work experience that you can aquire afterwards working in the US. I was just wondering if it had any benefit here in the Israeli market.

My personal situation is that in case I get accepted to such a top program in the US I might have to come back straight away for personal reasons. I have a pure technical background so the two years that I would be working (hi -tech) while studying at TAU would amount to nada. Also, I might add that I have the funds to study in the US (not that I would not miss the money but I would not have to borrow it) .

As I said before I'm mainly interested in consulting and I was thinking that if I could get a summer internship at one of the top firms (some thing not impossible at the top schools) I would have a better chance of landing a consulting job in Israel at one of the top firms after graduation. Little experience is better than nothing.

Lpow, you are somewhat comparing apples to oranges. What are two more years as an electrical engineer, experience that i can aquire going to TAU, going to do for me? In my case we are talking about coming back with an MBA from a top school, maybe after an internship, compared to TAU and zero relevant experience.

BTW Asaf, before I was refering to H/S in particular since they are more recognized in Israel and might carry more of the the wow factor from someone who is not familiar with the whole MBA scene.

What do you guys think?

LPOW
    חבר

Sorry mate – I don’t think I am comparing apples with oranges. I do think that two more years of experience do count – even though they are in an unrelated field….Just work to secure a group leader position in your technical field (in parallel to your MBA) – genuine management experience will be worth more than a fancy MBA diploma.

Saying that – if your young, wealthy and are not too worried seeing your friends shoot ahead and gaining experience in Israel (knowing you’ll get there eventually) then go for an MBA cause it is a unique experience… life is more about the journey than the destination……

my 0.02$

P.S: another option would be to come back to Israel and try moving abroad later in your career – an MBA from a top 5 institution is a great equalizer for us foreigners trying to break into the US/ European labour market…..
    LPOW
    חבר

'for example, Meir Brand, Google Israel CEO and HBS grad'. – not really reprasentative….. check profiles of local branches of multinationals.

Lpow

Assaf Wand
    חבר

I see your point and yes I think you would gain something from it, but to a limited extent

3 things that I think would be more beneficial for you:

1) Register to a 1 year program and work the extra year – Kellogg and Insead are great options

2) Register for the executive education and keep your work in Israel- Chicago have an AMAZING program in London – several top managers from Israel travel there once every several weeks

3) Yes it will be good if you will land an internship with a top consulting firm – not an easy task – McKinsey in particular would be more than happy (still you will need the approval of the local branch) to transfer the full time offer to the Israeli branch

Just some thought, I actually think as opposed to LPOW (although very much still negotiable) that your current experience + a top tier MBA is better than a TAU MBA + 2 years of experience

A

אייל
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand, LPOW

Thanks for your insight!!! You have given me something to think about.

Eyal

Hoffmann
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32

Eyal,

After one year of my MBA at Stern I think that the experience worth every cent, even for those who need to borrow the money.
    Obviously, people can succeed in their careers with an MBA from a top university or without a degree at all (Bill Gates and the like…) – The degree’s affect cannot be isolated.
    I believe that for someone like you, who can afford returning to Israel immediately after the degree, the degree will be a tremendous experience and will provide means to accelerate your career – in ways that you will never get from TAU.
    I think that the rankings are way overrated and that your benefit from doing an MBA in all top universities abroad, depends mostly on you. All top US universities provide opportunities to get great jobs, not only in IB & C (I am currently doing my summer in corporate America, after a major career switch from IT).

Regarding Israeli recruiters, from the research I made, the perception is derived from the university’s brand name and not the MBA program's brand. Thus, an MBA from Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, MIT and Yale will be much appreciated in Israel, more than from TAU. Other leading MBA programs are not as known in Israel – Such as Darden, Tuck and even Wharton. Of course, McKinsey and large multinational companies appreciate MBAs from all these places.

Just my 2c.
    Good luck in whatever you choose,
    Udi

nate77
    חבר

I'm talking about a general trend in recent years, a trend which will only intensify in the years to come. If you want more examples, see Moshe Lichtman (MIT MBA) who is now establishing MSFT's branch in Tel-Aviv, and Ron Lubash (Yale MBA), formerly Lehman Brothers PE head in Israel and now co-Manager of Markstone.

If you think of this trend, it makes sense. Multinational companies want a person they can communicate with, a person who understands their "business culture" and at the same time understands Israel, to head the local branch. An Israeli with a top b-school education meets these demands, and nowadays multinational companies simply have a larger pool of experienced Israelis with MBA from top school to choose from.

nate77
    חבר

Eyal,

This excerpt is taken from ynet, maybe it could help you with your dilemma:

מה אומרים המעסיקים?

מכיוון שתואר שני כלשהו במינהל עסקים הפך כל-כך פופולרי ומקובל, נראה שהשוק כבר לא מתפעל ממנו במיוחד. אבל האם לצורך השגת מקומות עבודה ראויים בארץ יש צורך בחותמת של בית-ספר יוקרתי בחו"ל, או עדיפים לימודים באוניברסיטה יוקרתית מקומית, שמחוברת יותר למציאות הישראלית?

נראה שרוב המעסיקים הישראלים אינם מתרגשים במיוחד מהליגה הבינלאומית של בוגרי אוניברסיטאות היוקרתיות בחו"ל. רוני קוברובסקי, נשיא קוקה-קולה, אומר כי היה מעדיף בוגר אוניברסיטה אמריקנית רק לפעילות עסקית בחו"ל. לגבי עבודה בארץ מספק אותי בהחלט תואר שני של אוניברסיטה ישראלית או של אחת מתוכניות האקזקיוטיב אם-איי, ולא הייתי נותן כל עדיפות לבוגר הרווארד דווקא. להפך, לאלה שחוזרים מחו"ל אחרי תקופה של לימודים ועבודה לוקח זמן להתערות בתרבות העבודה והניהול של ישראל, הוא אומר.

דבורה מטרני, מנכ"ל חברת טופטק להשמת בכירים בטכנולוגיה, אומרת אף היא שכמעט אין יתרון לבוגרי האוניברסיטאות בחו"ל, אלא אם מדובר בחברות שעובדות הרבה מול חברות בחו"ל. מטרני: המעסיקים מחשיבים הרבה יותר ניסיון בעבודה ומתעניינים מה היה תחום הלימודים לתואר ראשון, באילו חברות הוא עבד ומה הרקע המעשי של המועמד. הדרישה לתואר שני במינהל עסקים אמנם קיימת בחלק מהחברות, אבל בדרך-כלל היא בין הדרישות האחרונות. קודמות לה דרישות של כישורים, ידע, ניסיון, יחסי אנוש מעולים, יכולת לפוליטיקה ארגונית, קור רוח ועמידה בלחצים וכמובן ידע והבנה בתחומי התפקיד. רק בסוף מוזכר תואר שני במינהל עסקים, בדרך-כלל גם בלי קשר לשאלה באיזה מוסד הוא נרכש.

גם מבחינה כלכלית אין בארץ משמעות לשאלה הזאת. בארצות-הברית המשכורת מחזירה תוך שנתיים את ההשקעה בלימודים, אומרת מטרני, בארץ אין לתואר כל משמעות כלכלית, וההבדל במשכורות לא נובע מהתארים דווקא.

גם אורנה אפלבאום, מנהלת משאבי אנוש של חברת פיליפס מדיקל סיסטמס, אומרת כי תואר MBA נלקח בחשבון במכלול האלמנטים שמציג המועמד לצד ניסיון ניהול רלוונטי, כישורים ותכונות: אנחנו לא מעדיפים מועמד מאוניברסיטה בחו"ל על פני מוסד ישראלי ולהפך, אך חשוב לנו שמוסד ההשכלה יהיה מוכר ומוערך.

לעומתם, חנוך ברקת, שותף מנהל בקרן ההשקעות אייפקס, אומר שבחברה עובדים לא מעט בוגרי תואר שני מאוניברסיטאות כמו הרווארד, וורטון, אינסיאד, אבל גם אוניברסיטאות ישראליות. כקבוצה בינלאומית חשוב לנו מאוד ניסיון בינלאומי, שאותו אפשר למצוא אצל בוגרי חול שנחשפו לעולם העסקי שם ויצרו קשרים שאין לזלזל בהם, הוא אומר, כשם שבוגרי יחידות קרביות נחשבים לעילית בגלל הסינון הקפדני שנעשה בבחירתם והאימון הרציני שלהם, כך בוגרי האוניברסיטאות האלה נחשבים בעולם העסקי לטופ שבטופ. למזלנו, קיימות בארץ מספר מסגרות אקדמיות לתואר שני הפועלות בשיתוף חלק מאוניברסיטאות היוקרה האלה, כך שמנהלים בכירים יכולים להשתלם בהן בארץ עם ניחוח של חו"ל.

גם דב קוטלר, מנכ"ל חברת כרטיסי האשראי כ.א.ל, אומר שלימודים באוניברסיטה בחו"ל ברמה גבוהה הם בהחלט שיקול בבחירת מועמדים לעבודה: נשמח לקלוט מישהו עם רקע שונה, שלמד לפי שיטות אחרות מאשר בארץ. באחרונה קלטנו שני עובדים בכירים שסיימו לימודים בחו"ל ואני מוכרח להודות שהם פתחו לנו את הראש בכיוונים חדשים, שלא חשבנו עליהם.

הבוגרים: היה כדאי

למרות דברי המעסיקים, ולמרות כל הקשיים והעלויות הקשורות בהתקבלות ללימודים היוקרתיים בחו"ל ובלימודים עצמם, ישראלים שעשו את זה רק משבחים. "כסטודנטים קיבלנו חשיפה אדירה לכל התחומים של העולם העסקי והטכנולוגי, ביניהם יזמות, שיווק ותמחור", אומר יובל רביב (31), בוגר MIT בשנת 2001. "היינו מחוברים ואנחנו מחוברים עד היום למרצים מהשורה הראשונה, שכתבו את מיטב ספרי הלימוד וקיבלו פרסי נובל. זו היתה חוויית חיים מיוחדת של מפגש עם סטודנטים אחרים וחשיפה לצורות חשיבה שונות".

הלימודים ב-MIT מצטיינים במיוחד בדגש על הכיוון המעשי, כמו הכנת תוכניות עסקיות ושילוב סטודנטים בפרויקטים תעשייתיים. אין ספק שההשקעה שווה, כי תמיד אוכל להחזיר אותה בעבודה. רביב חזר לארץ ועובד היום כסמנכ"ל בחברת סטארט-אפ צעירה בשם BSP, שעוסקת בעיבוד אותות ביולוגיים.

הלימודים בכל אחת מהאוניברסיטאות האלה מביאים לצמיחה אישית ולפתיחה של אפשרויות עבודה גלובליות שאי-אפשר להשיג בדרך אחרת, אומר גם מאיר ברנד (32), שסיים את התואר בהרווארד ב-1998. ברנד, היום מנהל שיווק במיקרוסופט-ישראל, מתכונן בימים אלה לנסוע לפגישת מחזור שתכלול 900 בוגרים. אנחנו נפגשים כל חמש שנים במפגש שבית-הספר מארגן ומסבסד, מקבלים הרצאות, מתעדכנים ומתחברים כל פעם מחדש זה לזה, הוא אומר.

בעיניו הקשרים האלה חשובים הרבה יותר מהתכנים שמקבלים תוך כדי הלימודים. הם נותנים הרבה הזדמנויות עסקיות, הוא אומר, ממילא העולם העסקי מתפתח במהירות ומה שלמדתי לפני חמש שנים יכול כבר להיות לא רלוונטי היום.

דורית סוקולוב, בוגרת קלוג באילינוי, הגיעה ללימודי MBA בכלל מכיוון שונה: היא סיימה תואר ראשון בלימודי רוקחות, ונסעה עם בעלה גלעד ללימודי תואר שני בקלוג. במשך שנתיים לאחר לימודיהם עבדו השניים בחברת הייעוץ האסטרטגי מקינזי, ואז החליטו לחזור ארצה. גלעד עובד היום כבכיר בבנק הפועלים ודורית עובדת בסניף הישראלי של מקינזי בתחום הבריאות. גם היא מדגישה את היתרון הגדול של רשת הבוגרים (Net-working) שנוצרת בין התלמידים שסיימו כדרך לעזרה מקצועית שאין בלתה. הלימודים בחו"ל אפשרו לנו קפיצת מדרגה ענקית. הרושם שלי הוא שגם החברות בארץ מעריכות את זה ורואות בנו כמי שמביאים ניסיון חשוב מחו"ל, היא אומרת.

רוב בוגרי התואר בחו"ל נשארים שם לפחות לתקופה מסוימת כדי לעבוד ולצבור ניסיון. יש כאלה שנשארים שם לנצח, מוותרים על המילואים ועל הקשר עם החברים ומתים מגעגועים לארץ. אבל באחרונה רבים חוזרים, בעיקר בגלל המיתון בשוק העבודה בארה"ב. למרות התואר, קיים סיכון שישראלים יתקשו למצוא שם עבודה אחרי הלימודים, אומרת סוקולוב.

gets
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 67

To: Hoffmann

Hoffman,
    Do you know anything about Berkeley brand among Israel employers compared to the other top MBAs you mentioned?
    Regards,
    gets
    אייל
    חבר

To: All, Assaf Wand

One more question if I may….

Is it possible at any of the top MBA's to finish the 2 year program ahead of time, say you squeeze in the last year? Maybe in Chicago where the curriculum is supposed to be truely flexible?

Asaf can you comment on that?

Eyal

Itair
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 193

To: אייל, LPOW, Assaf Wand, Hoffmann

Guys,

What do you think is the least amount of time of experience needed before coming back to Israel in order to reach the effectiveness of an Ivy league MBA in Israel?

Thanks.

Assaf Wand
    חבר

In Chicago I had several classmates of mine who finished the degree way faster – One need to finish 20 courses – which means you need to take 10 courses a year over 3 semesters (quite an easy load of 3,3,4 etc;) it is quite easy to take 4 and even 5 classes in a semester.

In addition, due to a large evening program and weekend program in Chicago there are TONS of classes that are offered over the weekend – hence enabling you to finish your entire degree in 4-5 semesters (4 semesters in a full year – as opposed to schools with 2 semesters a year)

hope it helps,

A

Nuri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 21

To: All

הכתבה השחוקה הזו מוואיי נט, כל כך מעייפת והניסוח עילג משהו. אני פיתחתי אליה אלרגיה במשך הזמן. אמנם, רוב הנתונים נכונים, אך הניסוח – פח.

אין מה לקפוץ כל פעם שרואים כתבה בדה מרקר. אני רוצה להאמין שכמוני, כל מי שנוסע ללמוד בחו"ל יודע שהצעד הוא לא מתכון לעושר עתידי כעבור 5 שנים.

אייל
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand

Assaf,

Would you say that in my case I would benefit more by finishing the degree in one year (4 straight semesters) and waving the summer inetrnship (and working 1 year afterwards)?

[All this assuming I would get in to Chicago ]

Thanks,

Eyal

BTW, I met you in the kiddum gathering last December, I was talking to Adi Peker (I went to highschool with him)

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

this is possivble in LBS where you can finish in 15-21 month
    LPOW
    חבר

Multinational companies want a person they can communicate with, a person who understands their "business culture" and at the same time understands Israel, to head the local branch.
    Multinationals want you to talk their language and look for proof of that in your business experience. The people you mentioned in your OP have years of experience in their organization which is exactly my point – an MBA will open doors to great jobs abroad – but experience is key – if you go back immediately after an MBA I do not think your in better standing than someone who studied at TAU in parallel to working. John who is working for SAP and studying at TAU will graduate with 5 years work experience, 2 of them as a group leader will be better off than Jane who worked for 3 years at SAP, studied at Stanford and came back to Israel….

The key is to find a job with these companies straight out of your BA – that is more than possible….

The mba is like driving a Porsche – it’s no better than a Toyota when driving in traffic through the congested city (like the Israeli labour market).

I do not dispute the notion that an MBA abroad is a great experience (I am heading their now) I am just saying that TAU will open as many doors with multinationals in Israel including P&G, Coke, MS, SAP etc .

Bottom line: don’t be surprised if upon returning to Israel you cannot command a premium in the marketplace. Saying that you’ll have a great story to tell (which is important too!).

MBA abroad is useful in order to gain unique work experience….

L

LPOW
    חבר

To: Itair

In my opinion 2 years is the bare minimum, 4 years is probably the gold standard :)

L

JoeCool
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 267

If you already have experience in the field (even if you are changing career) the MBA experience abroad encompasses many special and unique experiences/intercations/classes, not offered in the program sin israel, allowing you to add experience in a shorter amount of time.

However, this experience will not be worth anything and nit propel you forward any faster if you don't have the work experience to back it up. That is why getting this experience abroad is critical. You are implementing your unique schooling experience and learning how to actually use it in the real world.

Then coming back here will be like driving a Porsche in your own private lane, since no one can compare to you. true, not evrey city (company or position in this metaphore) is suited for such a lane, but where it exists you can put the pedal to metal and fly….

I hope I didn't wear out the Porsche metaphor, I really liked it.

LPOW
    חבר

To: JoeCool

Hear hear!
    nate77
    חבר

"…if you go back immediately after an MBA I do not think your in better standing than someone who studied at TAU in parallel…"

Let me just reiterate that I agree with you about middle management roles, but when it comes to CXO positions at a local branch of a multinational company, you are better off with a top US MBA.

Let's reduce our discussion to a specific scenario: two Israeli candidates apply to a CEO position at a local company. They both have comparable backgrounds in terms of experience, industry, gender, sexual orientation and whatever, with one exception – candidate A graduated from HBS and cadidate B from TAU. Who do you think stands a better chance to get the job?

My answer: Depends. If the company is pure Israeli, I believe they'll be indifferent in this case and probably offer the job to whoever commands less money/equity. However, if the company is affiliated to a multinational company then, I think, the job will go to candidate A.

The mba is like driving a Porsche – it’s no better than a Toyota when driving in traffic through the congested city (like the Israeli labour market).

Your analogy is apt but flawed – I'd rather drive the Porsche anytime, anywhere, and so I believe everybody else. Just consider the envious looks of other stuck drivers – worth a fortune.

Infowell
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 71

Hey, I didn't know you have a Porsche.

I want a ride when you are back in Israel. :-)

LPOW
    חבר

Let’s agree to disagree.

I still stand behind my comments and think that many other factors come to play when choosing a CEO. If you can afford an MBA, why not? You'll definitely have a great time :-).

Hoffmann
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32

To: gets, nate77

Gets,

The list I gave was only a sample. Berkeley is well known in Israel, maybe a bit less than the universities in my first list.

Nate,

I am sorry to let you down. No one gets to a C suite from a resume, the way to get there is by networking. In the US and in Israel the top positions are not posted in the newspaper and the situation that you described, unfortunately, never occurs.
    Now you can debate whether the experience abroad helps or not to prepare you to this later stage of the career.

Best,
    Udi

Assaf Wand
    חבר

To: Hoffmann

Let me add to that, no one will be offered a CXO position post graduation anyhow, you will need to work your ass for a long time and excel in order to be considered for such positions

A

JoeCool
    חבר

Even if we are not all offered CXO positions after graduation, I would just like to wish us all to eventually (and sooner rather then later) be driving a Porsche…

or at least have the ability too (I completely understand that due to matters of personal taste some of you might prefer a Ferrari).

JoeCool
    חבר

To: Assaf Wand, LPOW

Hey LPOW – Thanks for the "cool" thingie.

Assaf – Don't you think it is funny to be giving yourself a "cool" thingie. I mean you are Chicago guy and this kind of self worship is something I would have only expected from Harvard guys… LOL

No insult was intended by this post. Please take it in good humor (even you Infowell…)

LPOW
    חבר

If you carry on like this ill have to remove your cool flag i gave you

Assaf Wand
    חבר

You are right about the cool thing, I pressed it to see what it is and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it – also – Yes I kind of like myself and as the saying goes IM EIN ANI LI MI LI

I just noticed this new feature yesterday… :-)

A

austinpowers_2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 57

To: Assaf Wand

what do you mean you just saw this feature? I thought you are the "chairman" of this site/forum :-) (I did the same thing and I am now a fan of LPOW ;-) )

Anyway if you don't manage it, then I am looking for the manager:

I am not sure how to add another thread to this forum, but I think this good discussion about post MBA career (like we had just now) deserves a new thread. I think we all make many assumptions about post-MBA life, and I think getting some more answers from alumni would help us set the expectations right.

The forum focuses mainly about strategy to get accepted to an MBA, but we all know that reality is a little different that what we write in the application essays.

JoeCool
    חבר

To: austinpowers_2

I too have tried to contact the managing powers of this forum in order to open a new thread for ReApplicants.

The ReApplication process has many complications and details which are unique and the (sadly) many members reapplying can definitely learn and appreciate from their collective experiences.

Additionally it could also be a place of comfort and encouragement through, hopefully many, success stories.

Vote "Yes" for the new "ReApplicant" thread!

Itair
    חבר

I agree. I wonder why no one opened a thread about MIT….
    kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

היי איתי, אם יש לך שאלות לגבי MIT – שאל, ומישהו מאיתנו יענה לך (ואפילו מהר).

Itair
    חבר

To: kassifo

היי,

יש לי כמה שאלות. האם ניתן ליצור איתך קשר במייל?

תודה רבה,

איתי.

kassifo
    חבר

[email protected]

(אמרתי לך שזה יהיה מהר )

Itair
    חבר

To: kassifo

כל הכבוד. פירגנתי לך ב-COOL ואתה יכול לבדוק את המייל… :)

nate77
    חבר

די ישן ובטח רובכם כבר ראיתם את זה, ובכל זאת לטובת אלו שלא ראו:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A70pTO-GoJA

אותי זה מצחיק בכל פעם שאני רואה את זה

ErezR
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

כדי לשנות משהו בפורום תלחץ על הכפתור למעלה משמאל "צור קשר" – זה עבד בשבילי…

ארז

kassifo
    חבר

לכל המתעניינים ב-MIT Sloan – הנה סרט, שעשו מספר סטודנטים השנה, שנותן הצצה מעניינת על החיים בסלואן. אני בטוח שגם לבתי"ס אחרים יש סרטים דומים ואני אשמח אם סטודנטים אחרים יצרפו לינקים לסרטים שלהם.

עם הפופולריות העולה של אתרי וידיאו אני חושב שסרטים כאלו יכולים לתת זווית ייחודית, ובוודאי יותר מעניינים מלקרוא עוד פעם את האתר של הבי"ס.

תהנו.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-180171997856512895

ly-cbs
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

Some hilarious clips from Columbia Business School’s Follies:

Every Breath You Take
    face=Times New Roman color=#800080 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1124254569250171465&q=columbia+business+school
    CBS’ Dean was a nominee to replace Alan Greenspan as the Fed Chairman. Ben Bernanke was chosen… The guy in the clip (a student who just graduated) resembles our dean.

Brokeback Bankers
    face=Times New Roman color=#800080 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2032013291486068759&q=columbia+business+school
    A parody based on Investment Banking and the famous movie.

Dean Dean Baby
    face=Times New Roman color=#800080 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8820895932559710378&q=columbia+business+school
    Vanilla Ice’s Ice Ice baby. Again. the guy in the clip (a student who just graduated) resembles our dean.

Enjoy!
    Lior
    JoeCool
    חבר

To: ErezR

Ok.

I tried it.

Thanks

ErezR
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

You're welcome, hope it works…
מוצגות 50 תגובות – 1,501 עד 1,550 (מתוך 1,883 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.