Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 701 עד 750 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • dz108
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 52

Tonight I've finished submitting HBS R2 application. The HBS server was very slow, probably dure to heavy traffic. If there is still someone out there who needs to submit his/her R2 app – I suggest you do it today.

It took me almost 4 hours to review the application, finalize last minute typoes – and submit it.

good luck R2 apps!

daniel moshe
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

hallo.

i am interested in getting some information about studying in switzerland.

i am about graduating my engineering studying and i would like to study MBA in zurich.

thank you.

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

In reply to eshinar from January 06 2004 on 03:39

I had a phone interview with a new graduate. It seemed to me really informal and laid back, no surprise's to my recollection, more of an interview to make sure you are not a freak. It was thirty minutes on the mark.

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to daniel moshe from January 05 2004 on 23:37

I answered your post on the other thread…

נדב
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

I am interested in any information about scholarships in France (INSEAD)

Also, I heard that there is a little INSEAD alumni community in Israel, how do I get in touch with them???

thanks

Eldad
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

Hi,

I'm searching for information about financial aid in the States for US citizens who are not (and never were) residents. If anyone can give me some tips about the FAFSA process and other financial aid procedures in that regard, that would be great.

Thanks,

Eldad.

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to eshinar from January 06 2004 on 13:07

Kieth don't remember his last name

sharon_g
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

In reply to נדב from January 06 2004 on 12:13

go to insead website and look for the israel group – they have all the contact there

sharon_g
    חבר

In reply to eshinar from January 06 2004 on 20:03

yep – the worst time is the waiting time

yb24
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

To all prospective MBA students,

I would like to take the opportunity to invite you to an event that the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University will be hosting at the Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel and Towers from 18:30 – 21:00 on Thursday, January 8th. I am currently a second year student in the Georgetown MBA program. I will give an audio-visual presentation about the historic Georgetown University and the MBA program. This will be a great chance to learn about the courses, different programs within the school, and the various aspects of Student Life, including Career Services and student clubs, which are a centerpiece of an MBA's life.

Afterwards, we will host a reception, which will be a great opportunity to ask the questions that you have regarding the application process and any other questions that we may be able to answer for you. The Georgetown MBA experience has been an excellent and fruitful time in my life, interacting with top students from all over the world and gaining the valuable skills in finance, marketing, corporate strategy, entrepreneurship and other relevant aspects of international business. I look forward to meeting you on January 8th!

The Sheraton Tel-Aviv Hotel is located at 115 Hayarkon St., Tel-Aviv.

See you there,

Yoav

sharon_g
    חבר

In reply to yb24 from January 07 2004 on 17:00

great school!!! I visited the school in DC and loved it

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

In reply to sharon_g from January 07 2004 on 18:05

לא יודע לגבי הבי"ס אבל ג'ורג'טאון זה פשוט מקום משובח – ממש אמסטרדם קטנה בתוך DC…

דורון פלק
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

אני רוצה לדבר בבקשה עם מישהו שלומד באירופה ומבסוט עד הגג כדי שיהיה לי פרטים על כך.

תודה דורון

ירון
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

first advice would be not to advertise here that you are going to back down from your commitment.

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

Yaron,

I completely disagree since this is the whole purpose of these boards and where else could you find an answer for this

Yasmin- please send me an email [email protected]

Assaf

apeled
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12
    היי,
    אני מניח שכבר שלחת את החיבורים, אבל עדיף מאוחר.. בכל מקרה, התשובה לשאלתך היא כן. רצוי לא למחזר חומר יתר על המידה ולהעביר סיפורים ומסרים שונים בין החיבורים. מצד שני, ניתן לקשר בין החיבורים באמצות איזכור חוזר של פרטים מרכזיים לרבות נסיון עבודה רלבנטי.
    בהצלחה,
    אסף

Badboy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

שלום לכולם,

בקרוב כולנו (סבב 2) נוצף בהזמנות לראיונות לרוב…

על מנת שייטב ברמה המצרפית (ל-כ-ו-ל-ם) כדאי לרכז רשמים (סיבוב 1 ושנים קודמות מוזמנים גם) מהראיונות:

שאלה 1:

האם מישהו (סיבוב 2/סיבוב 1/שנה שעברה) יכול לחלוק איתנו רשמים/עצות/טיפים/טעויות וכו' לגבי הראיונות עם בוגרי קלוג המקומיים? (שאלות מרכזיות, גישה של מראיין וכו'..)

תודה לכולם מראש

yuvala
    חבר

I applied in R1, so may consider my experience fresh…

If you want my opinion about Kellogg interview (and that all it is), the second best tip (after coming well prepared!!!), is a that its interviewers looks for people who are not only great-potential-future-business-leaders , but also REALLY team players who will coloborate well in the class and fit its spirit.

The questions are quite ordinary (why, short-term/long term goals), leadearship/teamwork experiences etc. my interviewer was very friendly, we talked in English for about 30 minutes and than discussed his experience in Kellogg (in Hebrew) for another 20 minutes. I know another interviewer, and think you would find such attitude common.

I assume that common mistakes may include:

talking about why Kellogg and not other schools (which may sound apologetic) are the best for you – obviously its better than saying it is not your top priorty

Not answering the questions (and attempting to oversell yourself), or otherwise answering quickly w/o digesting the question

Apologizing about anything in your resume or about your English

Asking dumb questions in the end

dressing like a buffon (in most cases it means NOT wearing a business casual at least, you can always ask what the interviewers suggests)

Improvizing a lie (which from my personal experience as an interviwer for other causes is the worse)

A personal tip for you would be to avoid any humour similar to that in your above user nickname….

Good luck

Yuval

Badboy
    חבר

In reply to yuvala from January 15 2004 on 09:02

Well, thank you very much Yuval, for a very informative and kind answer.

Badboy
    חבר

Does anyone know what is the appropriate dressing code for an interview with an Israeli alumnus in Israel?

Will a tie be "too much" in Israeli terms in general (and especially when the interview will take place in a coffee shop)?

Thanks

rl_7
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

In reply to Badboy from January 15 2004 on 17:15

אני שמעתי את אחד המראיינים הישראליים עצמם (סטנפורד) מציין שלראיון שנערך בישראל רצוי להופיע עם מכנסי khakis וחולצה מכופתרת (אני לא זוכר אם צוינה עניבה,אבל לא נראה לי שבבית קפה יש צורך בעניבה).

בכל אופן צוין במפורש business casual.

Badboy
    חבר

In reply to rl_7 from January 15 2004 on 17:39

Thanks!

MBA applicant
    חבר

In reply to Badboy from January 15 2004 on 19:00

who is the interviewer?

Badboy
    חבר

In reply to MBA applicant from January 15 2004 on 19:05

?

MBA applicant
    חבר

In reply to Badboy from January 15 2004 on 19:15

Who is your kellogg interviewer: Ronen, Raanan, Dorit?

Badboy
    חבר

I see you know your stuff…

Ronen.

Any specific tips? How is he considered to be, good/nice/tough etc. interviewer?

yentel
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

hello. i am trying to get in to baruch in new york. i am an american citizen and so i do not have to take the tofel exam. but i was told that i will be better of if i do take it. dose antone no how hard and how they dicied if you get in to baruch? thanks

Badboy
    חבר

In reply to yentel from January 16 2004 on 00:00

1. I like your handle

2. It shouldn't be very hard to get into Baruch, actually even quite easy.

Yasmin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 63

Regarding dress codes:

My Wharton interview was in a coffee shop on a Saturday morning, I wore black pants and a shirt and my interviewer commented that I am underdressed while he wore sweat pants and sports shoes

On the other hand, my Stanford interview was on my interviewer's office, I wore a suite. My interviewer apologized for wearing jeans

My feeling is better being overdressed than underdressed. It applies to interviews and to life in general….

Keep in mind that my interviews were conducted in the U.S so it's totaly different.

Another tip: In the U.S it's common to send thank you notes to people who interview you, thanking them for their time. Although I did not send a thank you note to my interviewers, it may be a nice idea to import to Israel n case anybody is interested.

Good luck to everybody !

Badboy
    חבר

In reply to Yasmin from January 16 2004 on 02:51

My Wharton interview was in a coffee shop on a Saturday morning, I wore black pants and a shirt and my interviewer commented that I am underdressed while he wore sweat pants and sports shoes

did you consider the possibility that he was teasing you?

Yasmin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 63

In reply to Badboy from January 16 2004 on 03:17

No, I don't think he was. I believe he was sincere about it. He told me about his interview and how he was dressed for it !

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

Of what I heard from current students (including some who interview candidates themselves)- always wear business attire, unless otherwise instructed.

You can't control much of the interview, so you can't afford the possibility of making a bad impression right at the beginning. So, wear a suit, shave etc. Many interviewers may consider anything else as lack of seriousness on your side, which is never good.

Worst case scenario – it will be hot, and you'll need to wake up 15 minutes earlier to tie the tie (like I needed…).

Moshe.

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

שלום לכולם,

אולי החברה של R2 שכבר זומנו לראיונות יוכלו לציין מתי הם הגישו את ה- applications ואולי קצת נתונים סטטיסטיים.

eshinar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 43

Yes – that will be great.

nimo2003
    חבר

אני מעוניין להתחיל בתהליך ההרשמה לאחת האוניברסיטאות הגדולות בארה"ב לMBA

אחת הנחות הבסיס שלי היתה שבסיום בתואר אתה מתקבל לעבודה, בהנחה ואתה עומד בכל הסטנדרטים הרגילים – לא מצטיין ולא נכשל, בשוק האמריקאי. אחד הפרמטרים להשקעה הגדולה והמאמץ הוא ההכנסה החודשית לבוגרי MBA בשנה הראשונה אחרי הלימודים (מדד מקובל מאוד).

לאחרונה הבנתי מחבר'ה שלומדים או סיימו כבר שקרוב ל50% מהבוגרים לא מוצאים בכלל עבודה!!!

האם הדבר נכון, אולי מישהו מהבוגרים הטריים, או מהסטודנטים שעומדים לסיים יכול לספר קצת על שוק העבודה אחרי התואר, האם הרוב מוצאים עבודה, האם סכומי השכר על פי המדדים נכונים ומשקפים את המציאות?

תודה!!

dz108
    חבר

In reply to nimo2003 from January 18 2004 on 14:00

start now?, to what year?

nimo2003
    חבר

In reply to dz108 from January 18 2004 on 17:17

השאלה כללית לכל הTOP20 . רציתי לקבל תמונה על מצב שוק העבודה לבוגרים ולסטודנטים שלפני סיום.

תודה.

dz108
    חבר

In reply to nimo2003 from January 18 2004 on 17:20

most (if not all) serious school post job placements on their web site; look at the ones you are interested in.

50%?, sounds WAY TOO FAR FETCHED. I don't know about 11-20, but 1-10 have no problem to my knowldge. where does the guy who told went to school?, what's his/her profession?, what's your profession?

MBA in a top school is not a magic pill – that takes care of all your financial problems; it's a creer move. if you can show that an MBA is a good career move, than it's probably true, and in your profession, you will have a good chance finding a job.

nimo2003
    חבר

In reply to dz108 from January 18 2004 on 17:27

אני מגיע מתחום מדעי המחשב ובעיקר מעוניין בלימוד MBA בהתמחות של יזמות. צריך לזכור שההשקעה בלימודים הן האישית והן הכספית גבוהה מאוד ואם לאחר כל המאמץ אתה לא מצליח למצוא עבודה אז עולות בי ספקות.

בכוונה דיברתי על 1-20 כי מבחינתי 1-10 יהיה קשה ביותר (לא בלתי אפשרי).

אני לא סגור (אני אברר) איפה הבחור שדיברתי איתו למד אבל יכול להיות שהוא הגזים ולכן ביקשתי לקבל מידע נוסף. דרך אגב מודעות עבודה לא בהכרח מצביעות על ביקוש מניסיון אישי.

תודה.

MBA applicant
    חבר

In reply to nimo2003 from January 18 2004 on 17:36

My personal opinion (despite personal plans to do an MBA) is that MBA is far from being a certain investment. For me (Law background) it is a way of doing a career change, an expensive and risky one, but the market for young lawyers in business isn't that attractive… Furthermore, I am very interested in living in the US and working there for a while, so it's at least I am not sacrificing time…

My opinion is that with today's salaries and signing bonus, it will take time to pay off the education and may be a very arguable investment if you plan to return to Israel very soon after… So it depends a lot about you – what lifestyle you will have there what backing you got, how passionate you are about a career change and/or living abroad….

Badboy
    חבר

נכון, לא בא בלובה יותר בחיים שלך!

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

In reply to nimo2003 from January 18 2004 on 14:00

גם אם המספרים היום טובים וגם אם לאו, עד שתצא/י לשוק העבודה, סביר שהם ישתנו קצת. יותר חשוב לקבל את ההחלטה לפי ההתאמה האישית לך – לאור ההסתברויות (סביר שתהיה בסופו של דבר עבודה טובה בשכר מצוין, אבל תמיד ייתכן שלא, או שלא מה שרצית), האם זה באמת יקדם אותך מקצועית על רקע הנסיון המקצועי והשאיפות, האם יותר חשובה לך החויה, האם משכנתא נוספת שווה את כל זה וכו'. הסטטיסטיקה היא רק כלי, כמו שאנשים אמרו כאן ההחלטה היא אישית.

danteleman2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 152

In reply to nimo2003 from January 18 2004 on 17:36

The last two years were not easy in terms of recruiting, but definitely not impossible.

To me, it all depends on the industry you're looking at and the efforts one is willing to put into the job search.

The industries most impacted were I-banking and consulting, which by the way are on he way to full recovery. Other industries kept on coming although they have taken less people. The salaries were nt changed as well as the sign in bonus.

mikik
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 54

לכל נרשמי שיקגו, בכל סיבוב שהוא. זהירות!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

אני נרשמתי בסיבוב הראשון, והתראיינתי ב-15 בנובמבר. ביום שישי הזה, זה הדד-ליין של הסיבוב הראשון, ועכשיו (!!!) נזכרו להתקשר ולשאול אם התראיינתי, ולהגיד שהם יחפשו את המראיינת שלי שתעביר (עכשיו) את הדו"ח שלה.

בקיצור, שערוריה.

אז זהירות. זה משהו שכדאי לשים לב אליו, ואפילו לשלוח אימייל ולשאול אם המראיין כבר העביר את הדו"ח.

כנראה שלהיות נודניק זה לא תמיד מזיק…

ראו הוזהרתם. אפילו בי"ס נהדר כמו שיקגו יכול לפשל.

Skywalker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Anyone got good news/waitlisted or ding?

I'm waitlisted w/o interview.

Skywalker
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Am I the only one?

R2D2
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

In reply to apeled from December 09 2003 on 00:57

Hello,

I wonder what is your view re: on campus interview Vs. alumni interview in Israel?(For Wharton of course)

Thanks

apeled
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

Hi,

Go for the interview in Israel unless you have additional good reasons to be in the US these days. Do not come here only for the purpose of the interview.

Rastinyak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

Thread is dead.

dz108
    חבר

In reply to Rastinyak from January 26 2004 on 05:14

I'll try to resuscitate it.

Any HBS / MIT Round 2 apps out there?

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 701 עד 750 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.