Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 851 עד 900 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • dz108
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 52

In reply to kassifo from February 15 2004 on 17:59

קיבלת תשובות חיוביות בסיבוב הראשון?

מהרווארד היית אמור לקבל לפני כשבועיים הודעה שהאפליקיישן שלך שלם. את זה כן קיבלת, נכון?

yoni s.
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

In reply to kassifo from February 15 2004 on 19:11

Can you share your stats (gmat score, work experience, etc…)?

Thanks.

donner
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

In reply to mbawannabe from February 15 2004 on 18:33

ראשית, תודה על התשובה המהירה.

אני בשלבים מאד ראשוניים של התלבטות אם בכלל ללמוד בחו"ל או לוותר על הרעיון (הקוסם לכאורה) וללמוד בארץ.

למיטב הבנתי, יש מסלולים/בתי ספר שבהם אפשר ללמוד במשך שנה וכאלה שבהם ניתן ללמוד במשך שנתיים.

האם משך תקופת הלימודים משנה לעניין אישור עבודה?

האם יש למישהו מידע על מסלולים/בתי ספר שבהם ניתן לסיים את התואר בשנה? האם יש עדיפות מסויימת, מכל בחינה שהיא, ללימודים על פני שנה אחת?

gnadir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

In reply to yoni s. from February 15 2004 on 00:00

Yoni-

That's correct. 100% of the classses at HBS are based on the case method. I think it is a very powerful tool for 3 main reasons: 1. the discussion is focused on real business dilemas and not fictitious ones. 2. every case invloves issues from different business arenas (i.e., finance, strategy, operations) and thereby, allows you to deal with several dimensions of a certain business situation (again, this is a good reflection of the "real world"). 3. The case method exposes you to numerous industries and companies. This knowledge is very useful in case you will have to deal with a relevant industry/company in the future.

Thanks.

omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

In reply to kassifo from February 15 2004 on 19:11

Did u interview already?

Any inputs?

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

In reply to omri from February 15 2004 on 21:06

Mine is next Sunday.

mbawannabe
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 39

In reply to donner from February 15 2004 on 19:27

בקשר לויזה אז זה לא משנה. אתה תמיד מקבל ויזה לתקופת הלימודים + שנה אחת.

אני יודע על קלוג ואמורי שיש להם תכניות של שנה בארצות הברית. יש גם באירופה אבל אני לא כ"כ מבין בזה. את זה כדאי שתשאל את גלעם. הוא מומחה בזה.

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to dz108 from February 15 2004 on 19:22

כן, מ-Darden ומ-Cornell קיבלתי תשובות חיוביות.

וכן, קיבלתי אישור שהאפליקיישן (אבשלום קור מתהפך בקברו) שלי שלם.

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to yoni s. from February 15 2004 on 19:24

710, 280, GPA 3.3

29 Male, IT for the past 4 years

BA in Business Administration from the IDC ("Bentchumi")

yuvala
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 36

In reply to mbawannabe from February 15 2004 on 21:42

אם אתה מוציא ויזה ג'י ולא אף אז אין לך אפשרות לעבוד לאחר התואר אבל אשתך יכולה לעבוד – אם זה רלוונטי זה כמובן הבדל גדול

Anne
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

In reply to applicant_04 from February 09 2004 on 20:14

Hey applicant_04,

If you're still interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll tell you about my visit to CMU.

Anne

Anne
    חבר

Hey all,

Any NYU applicants/admitted students here?
    Please share your interview experience.

Thanks in advance,

Anne

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

In reply to Anne from February 16 2004 on 05:43

Anne,

Like I wrote earlier, I applied to NYU, for the second round, till now my application on went complete. no news…

Anne
    חבר

In reply to gbiron from February 16 2004 on 07:46

Hey gbiron,

Do you know about any Israelis admitted in R1? Last year I heard that NYU was looking for Israelis, however I don't see any admitted students on this forum.

I read your previous messages, sounds like you too are exhausted by waiting for admissions decision. I personally quit sleeping about two weeks ago…

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to Anne from February 16 2004 on 21:08

where else did you apply too ?

Any news yet ?

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to Anne from February 16 2004 on 21:08

Regarding round 1, heard someone got an interview…

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to gbiron from February 16 2004 on 21:37

רבותיי, HBS התחיל להוציא הזמנות לראיון. (אני לא קיבלתי)

בהצלחה לכולם!

dz108
    חבר

In reply to kassifo from February 16 2004 on 22:06

אין (עדיין) סיבה להילחץ, נראה שהם הוציאו מעט מאוד הזמנות היום.

Anne
    חבר

In reply to gbiron from February 16 2004 on 21:36

I applied in R2 to Kellogg, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Carnegie Mellon and Purdue. Admitted to Purdue, was invited for an interview at Carnegie and NYU, interviewed by Chicago and Kellogg.

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

In reply to gbiron from February 16 2004 on 21:37

כבר יודעים על ישראלים שהתקבלו ל-LBS?

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

In reply to kassifo from February 15 2004 on 21:43

אבשלום קור לא מת

gbiron
    חבר

In reply to dalit from February 17 2004 on 09:08

סיבוב ראשון הסתיים ואני מניח שבמסגרתו התקבלו גם ישראלים אך אין לי מושג מה המספרים.

איך היה ה- GMAT?

dz108
    חבר

In reply to dalit from February 17 2004 on 09:08

היי דלית, חיפשתי אותך גם במייל. באמת, איך היה ה-GMAT?

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

In reply to dz108 from February 17 2004 on 09:31

תודה על ההתעניינות.

המבחן הוכיח שאני עקבית…

עזבו, בקיצור…

MBA applicant
    חבר

In reply to dz108 from February 16 2004 on 22:16

I disagree. I think HBS sent their invites yesterday and that is it.

Good luck anyway

gili
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

In reply to MBA applicant from February 17 2004 on 12:01

Ok, I've been reading this Forum from its early stages and haven't seen any Stanford-R2 applicants. Are there any at all? got interview?

I, my self, am starting to loose hope…

dz108
    חבר

In reply to MBA applicant from February 17 2004 on 12:01

what are you talking about? according to BW forum, no internationl got an invitation yet. only guys in NY and Boston got ones.

you applied in R1, right?

dz108
    חבר

In reply to gili from February 17 2004 on 12:08

where else did you apply to?

MBA applicant
    חבר

In reply to dz108 from February 17 2004 on 12:21

I applied in R1. I know that then all initerviews came in one day. Yesterday R2 invites were delivered. If you don't believe it, contact Itzik Devash, the sole interviewr.

dz108
    חבר

In reply to MBA applicant from February 17 2004 on 14:02

please email me at [email protected]

yuvala
    חבר

In reply to dz108 from February 17 2004 on 14:08

I think MBA applicant might be right.

Anyway – anyone who got interview invitation from HBS is welcomed to call for tips

Yuval

dz108
    חבר

In reply to yuvala from February 17 2004 on 15:05

hey yuval,

you think he's right becuae you know of someone who got invited?

yuvala
    חבר

In reply to dz108 from February 17 2004 on 15:07

How perceptive…. Yes I have a friend who got invited.

yoni s.
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

In reply to yuvala from February 17 2004 on 15:22

Does anybody know if Wharton waits till the last second of the deadline to tell someone that he doesn't get an invitation for an interview?

Did anyone get a negative answer from Wharton before the last deadline when they release all the answers?

Thanks.

yaelg2003
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

In reply to yoni s. from February 17 2004 on 18:25

Interview invitations go out all the time till the deadline. On the day of the deadline everyone who didn't get an interview invitation will receive a formal "ding" email.

One other thing – don't stress if you hear of Israelis who got interviews and you didn't. The order of interview invitations is random and doesn't depend on your country of origin.

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to MBA applicant from February 17 2004 on 14:02

I believe you're mistaken. According to BW forums from last year people got invitation up until the very last moment – on decision-day!

marco
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 24

In reply to kassifo from February 17 2004 on 21:03

You are right (if you are talking about HBS – I know someone who got invited on the last day).

Rastinyak
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

In reply to marco from February 18 2004 on 02:34

And u r right too:

"Just to give some perspective from round 1 and so that you guys don't tailspin into a mexicobanker fiasco, I submitted 3 days before the deadline date (10/13), my recommendations came in on the deadline date (10/16), I waited and waited for an invite as others all over the world, from all different backgrounds, etc received them (Nov, Dec, Jan), gave up hope (mid Jan), got an invite three days before (1/18) the decision date to interview 4 days after (1/25, a sunday) the decision date and was accepted two weeks after (2/3) the decision date of 1/21.

Also, the interviewer asked me if there was anything I would change about the application process and I mentioned the whole issue of intransparency ( I said I liked how it made people sweat). She said that when the adcoms periodically get on these and other boards they tear their hair out reading crackpot theories about what HBS is doing. She said there is so many apps that there isn't a whole lot of method to the madness.

You can believe me or call me a liar, but this is first hand experience. It is also very possible that she was just saying this to reassure me that interviewing late didn't mean anything positive or negative about my candidacy, but that is what she told me, and it worked out in the end. Just like they say on the ESPYs, don't give, don't ever give up…at least until you get a definitive decision. Good luck to all of you!

chang"

So relax everybody. It has just began.

MBA applicant
    חבר

In reply to kassifo from February 17 2004 on 21

I see you all think I am wrong. Perhaps you are right. I also read the BW forum and saw that people around the world got invites in the last days. Still, in Israel Devash interviews all Israeli and he gets a list per round together…

For those waiting, I hope I am wrong and you get an invite soon. I too waited until the last day…. It was indeed painful

Eldad
    חבר

In reply to gili from February 17 2004 on 12:08

Hi. I applied to Stanford R2. Got the under review letter Jan' 31st, no interview as of yet. Trying to avoid useless, unsubstantiated, harmfull, negative, and demoralizing speculation; keeping the faith…

dz108
    חבר

In reply to MBA applicant from February 18 2004 on 09:35

Dude, did you at least got into any of the other schools you applied to?

MBA applicant
    חבר

In reply to dz108 from February 18 2004 on 09:51

waitning for W

Caesar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

Hi all,

I wonder whether and when somebody who applied these schools on R2 have been invited to an interview.

In addition, what are the possbile interviewers of Stanford/Haas in Israel?

MIT conducts interview with admission officers, and as far as i understand they do not interview in Israel. Do they demand from Israeli to choose a location for interveiw or cinduct phone interviews?

Thanks,

Barak

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to Caesar from February 18 2004 on 17:28

רבותיי, נושא חדש: מאיפה מתחילים את החיפוש אחרי Financial Aid ? כל טיפ איך לחפש ואיפה אפשר למצוא יתקבל בברכה. אפילו כאלה של "שמעתי על מישהו ש…"

תודה.

Anne
    חבר

In reply to kassifo from February 18 2004 on 19:04

Check this:

http://www.fafsa.org

Anne

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

In reply to kassifo from February 18 2004 on 19:04

מילגות – לדעתי הכי טוב לשאול סטודנטים ישראלים שלומדים שם עכשיו (או שסיימו), כי אפשר להניח שמישהו כבר עשה את החיפושים האלה פעם. ממה שאני יודע ומהנסיון שלי, בתי הספר מציעים בעצמם קצת מילגות לאלו שמתקבלים, בין K01 $ ועד מילגות מלאות. נראה לי שהם שוקלים אוטומטית כל אחד שמתקבל למילגות הללו.

הלוואות – המשרד של ה dia laicnanif הוא ה"מתווך" העיקרי להלוואות. ממי שדיברתי איתו על זה הבנתי שהם מטפלים כמעט בהכל. מאחר ורובנו אזרחים ישראלים וכנראה לא נמצא מישהו אמריקאי (עם tiderc טוב) שיחתום לנו ערבות להלוואה כזו, כנראה נצטרך לקחת את ההלוואות הסטנדרטיות שמציעים לסטודנטים זרים. למרות שאלו לא הלוואות בריבית גבוהה בכלל.

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to Anne from February 18 2004 on 20:15

למיטב ידיעתי זה מוצע זה לאזרחים אמריקאיים ולתושבים קבועים.

אני טועה?

Anne
    חבר

In reply to kassifo from February 18 2004 on 23:31

There is a section for international applicants, I think the site is worth checking.

For those of us who qualify, here is one more opportunity:

New scholarship created for whites only

BRISTOL, Rhode Island (AP) —A student group at Roger Williams University is offering a new scholarship for which only white students are eligible, a move they say is designed to protest affirmative action.

The application for the $250 award requires an essay on "why you are proud of your white heritage" and a recent picture to "confirm whiteness."

"Evidence of bleaching will disqualify applicants," says the application, issued by the university's College Republicans.

Jason Mattera, 20, who is president of the College Republicans, said the group is parodying minority scholarships.

"We think that if you want to treat someone according to character and how well they achieve academically, then skin color shouldn't really be an option," he said. "Many people think that coming from a white background you're automatically privileged, you're automatically rich and your parents pay full tuition. That's just not the case."

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

Hello everybody.

Now that we are done with the major part of the apps, and all that we have to do is sit and wait and be interviewed, i thought it is a good time to raise the 64,000$ Q. is the MBA really worth stopping our lives for two years, and spending about 120,000$. Jobs in the US after the MBA aren't gurenteed, and in Israel as far as I learned employers don't realy care where you earned your MBA, that is if they even care to hire an MBA. Actually many Israely employers consider WE as a much more important factor than the degree. Not to mention that if we have to pay back our tuition loan, while earning an Israeli salary it may take us a long time.

Another Q is even if someone got a job in the US, what will it be, couldn't he had reach that same position just working?

So just share your thoughts, knowledge and experiences in case you are an almni or a current student.

yaeltolub
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

In reply to Caesar from February 18 2004 on 17:28

I interviewed for MIT (R1) on campus. I don't think there is an option for an interview in Israel but I think you can have a phone interview. If MIT is your number one choice, I strongly recommend flying to Boston, this is a proof of seriousness.

Good luck

Yael

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 851 עד 900 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.