Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 901 עד 950 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • yaeltolub
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 19

In reply to gato from February 09 2004 on 01:54

I was wandering, with whom did you interview for Columbia? Can I contact you for more details about your interview?

gato
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 10

In reply to yaeltolub from February 19 2004 on 15:45

I interviewed with JS. It was a pretty ordinary interview – Why now, why CBS, why MBA. It went OK. Are you interviewing with him?

yaeltolub
    חבר

In reply to gato from February 19 2004 on 16:00

I have to choose from the following alumni:

Oded Valfer

2002; Mr. Alejandro Verjovsky 1993; Mr. Edward Frank 1984

Do you know or recommend one of them? Any information will be appreciated.

gato
    חבר

In reply to yaeltolub from February 19 2004 on 16:19

מצטער, אני לא מכיר אף אחד מהחבר'ה האלה, לא התראיינתי עם מישהו מהם. אני מקווה שלא יעשו לך יותר מדי חוכמות, שיהיה לך הרבה בהצלחה

kassifo
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 201

In reply to yaeltolub from February 19 2004 on 15:30

נכון, אי אפשר לעשות ראיון עם בוגר MIT בארץ, אבל אפשר בטלפון.

אני התראיינתי בטלפון ומסכים שכדאי לטוס לשם לראיון.

אגב, התקבלת ?

Caesar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

In reply to kassifo from February 19 2004 on 18:06

מה סיבה העיקרית שכדאי להתראיין בקמפוס ולא בטלפון?

רק כדי להרראות רצינות או שחשובה גם שפת הגוף ולא רק טון בטלפון?

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to Caesar from February 19 2004 on 19:37

לדעתי, יש לך את כל הסיבות להתראיין בקמפוס ואף סיבה להתראיין בטלפון. (מלבד העניין הכספי).

אני התראיינתי בטלפון מחוסר ברירה (סיפור ארוך) ואין לי ספק שאם הייתי מתראיין פנים-אל-פנים הייתי מקבל תשובה חיובית. אגב, אני נדחתי לסיבוב השני ואקבל תשובה בעוד חודש וחצי.

אני חושב שחשוב מאד שיראו אותך. גם כדי להראות רצינות – והם מאד מתרגשים מזה שאתה בא במיוחד, וגם כדי שתוכל להעביר את המסר שלך באמצעות שפת גוף.

זה לא רק שהמראיין לא רואה אותך, אתה גם לא רואה אותו. אני מצאתי את עצמי מדבר ומדבר בלי לקבל שום סימן לגבי מה הצד השני חושב על מה שאמרתי. לא יכולתי לראות הבעות פנים ולא שפת גוף ולכן יכול להיות שלא עזבתי נושא שהייתי אמור או שלא המשכתי נושא חשוב. כמובן שבראיון פנים-אל-פנים הייתה לי היכולת להעריך טוב יותר את תגובת הצד השני.

עד עכשיו אין לי שום כלי להעריך איך היה הראיון שלי, ולכן אני ממליץ בחום לטוס לשם או להתראיין באירופה. זו, אגב, הזדמנות נהדרת לראות את הקמפוס שזה לדעתי הדבר הכי חשוב בכל התהליך הזה. אני הייתי בכל בי"ס שהגשתי אליו וזה שווה המון!

בהצלחה!

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to Anne from February 19 2004 on 03:19

תודה! המלגה הזאת תפורה עליי

Anne
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

In reply to kassifo from February 19 2004 on 21:39

You are welcome. Don't go wild with the money

stamguy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32

In reply to mbaq from February 19 2004 on 13:18

try $120,000 + opportunity cost of lost salaries (~ $60K to $140K)

and YES.. it is worth it (at least I hope so because payday is coming..)

yarivn
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

In reply to yaeltolub from February 19 2004 on 16:19

yaeltolub, gato,

When did you submit your Columbia application and when did you get an interview invitation ?

Thanks,

Yariv

yaeltolub
    חבר

In reply to kassifo from February 19 2004 on 18:06

Fortunately I got a "yes" from MIT. Do you know any other Israeli who got a similar answer?

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

In reply to yaeltolub from February 20 2004 on 09:13

MAZAL TOV

gato
    חבר

In reply to yarivn from February 20 2004 on 09:08

I submitted in early January and had the interview in early February.

Doron

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to yaeltolub from February 20 2004 on 09:13

You're the only Israeli I know of.

still waiting for some good news on April 5th.

yaeltolub
    חבר

In reply to kassifo from February 20 2004 on 11:25

good luck, hope to see you at MIT next year :)

yaeltolub
    חבר

In reply to yarivn from February 20 2004 on 09:08

I submitted 12/1 and got an interview invitation 16/2.

stamguy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32

In reply to yaeltolub from February 20 2004 on 12:25

Yael – are you an ex-253 by any chance ?

nimo2004
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

In reply to gnadir from February 14 2004 on 22:17

היי גל,

רציתי לשאול למה בחרת דווקא בהרוורד (לעומת אופציות אחרות שהיו לך?).

בתור סטודנט שנה שנייה האם אתה כבר בתהליך חיפוש עבודה, איך מערכת הקשרים בהרוורד? האם יש הרבה אופציות?

ושאלה אחרונה: האם קיבלת מילגות כלשהן, האם אתה יודע על כאלה בהרוורד ספציפית.

תודה רבה!

Caesar
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 16

In reply to kassifo from February 19 2004 on 21:37

Kassifo, Yaeltolub,

First of all, thanks for the comprehensive recommendations for interview issues. Yael – Congrats for being admitted to Sloan!!!

Do you think that the option to be interviewed in a closer location such as Istanbul or London rather then campus at Boston is not good enough?

Is the message that you are coming to Boston for an interview is the major one, or the personal impact of the interview is important?

Did any of you try to arrange interviews in several schools while being in US? I'm not sure it's possbile since the interview invitations (if any) vary from school to school. Does it make any sense while invited to an interview in Sloan, to try to contact Stanford for instance and ask them for an interview, motivating it by being in US for a limited period of time?

Most of the schools except Kellogg/Chicago do not interview everyone, so such a request can be rude…

Thanks,

Barak

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to Caesar from February 21 2004 on 17:43

אני לא חושב שיש הבדל בין ראיון באירופה וראיון בקמפוס מפני שלדעתי אותם מראיינים בבוסטון הם אלו שנוסעים לחו"ל.

אני כן חושב שחשוב מאד לבקר בקמפוס (כפי שכבר ציינתי) זה מראה גם על רצינות וגם נותן לך פרספקטיבה טובה יותר לגבי השאלה הנצחית – "למה אצלנו?".

אני ביקרתי בכל בי"ס שרציתי להרשם ואיפה שיכולתי גם התראיינתי, את שאר הראיונות אני עושה בארץ או בטלפון, ולכן אני לא יודע לגבי תיאום כמה ראיונות באותה תקופה. נראה לי שאפשר לנסות – בזהירות.

yaeltolub
    חבר

In reply to stamguy from February 21 2004 on 00:30

stamguy – I guess not, since I don't know what is 253

yaeltolub
    חבר

In reply to Caesar from February 21 2004 on 17:43

I agree with Kassifo, there is an added value to interview on campus.

After I set an interview date with MIT, I called the rest of the schools and told them I was in the States for a business trip, and I would be grateful if I could be interviewed. Although every school reacted in a different way, at the end most school appreciated my actions. The schools I could not interview with, I visited and meet with a student or an admission committee personal. I think it is very important to see the school and the students, this will give you an added prospective about the place you will spend the next 2 years in.

dz108
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 52

FYI Kelligg applicatns, according to the BW Forum – K started sending out decisions. did anyone hear anything yet?

gnadir
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

In reply to nimo2004 from February 21 2004 on 17:16

Hi,

1. Why Harvard? a combination of several reasosn: the case method, the size of the school (900 students every year), the alumni network, the brand recognition among recruiters and others, the faculty level, the resources (more than excellent!), the potential for financial aid, the location.

2. jobs: at HBS you have access to thousands of people who graduated from HBS and are ready to help in your job hunt. In terms of the job market – this year is definitely much better than the previous one and in my opinon, the next one will be even better.

3. Financial aid – every student at HBS is eligible to student loans of around $65,000 a year (or around $130,000 for the whole program. The exact amount depends on your personal status, i.e., whether you are married or single, with or w/o children etc.)

In addition, many students at HBS (including a decent part of the Israeli students) receive fellowships on an annual basis. You will get further information about fellowships as part of your admission process.

mbaq
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 45

In reply to stamguy from February 20 2004 on 04:39

so why do you think it's worth it, just because they wrapped it nicely, and did a great job marketing it?

mbaq
    חבר

In reply to gnadir from February 22 2004 on 09:42

גל שלום,

יש שמועה שמדברת על כך שבהרברד מנפים בסוף השנה הראשונה את ה- 5% הנמוכים בכיתה. האם זה נכון?

mbaq
    חבר

אסף ושאר תלמידי וורטון שלום,

אם אפשר לשמוע ממכם איך ההרגשה להיות אחד מ- 800 תלמידים, האם לא טובעים בים של אנשים והופכים להיות בורג קטן? איך היחס של המרצים, ה- CMC וכו'?

gnadir
    חבר

In reply to mbaq from February 22 2004 on 10:19

in one word – No!

nimo2004
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

In reply to gnadir from February 22 2004 on 09:42

מה בערך הקריטריונים למילגות?

לישראלים ובאופן כללי.

איך באמת ההתייחסות לזוג נשוי ?

תודה על העזרה!

omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

In reply to kassifo from February 15 2004 on 21:41

Hi

How was your interview? any particular questions that threw you off guard?

Was the interviewer nice? What did u wear?

I have mine on Wednesday

Omer

omri
    חבר

In reply to kassifo from February 15 2004 on 21:43

היי

כל הכבוד על הקבלה לקורנל ודרדן (נראה רע בעברית…דרדן)

איך התראיינת לקורנל? בטלפון?

האם נסעת במיוחד?

קיבלתי זימון לראיון אבל אינני בטוח אם אסע רק בשביל זה?

במיוחד שקורנל אינה ה TOP CHOICE שלי כרגע

עומר

תודה !!

yaelg2003
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

In reply to mbaq from February 22 2004 on 21:22

There are advantages and disadvantages to being one of 800 students. The major plus is the large variety of everything: Whatever it is you want to work in, whatever random extracurricular interests you have, you're basically guaranteed that enough other people share the same interests. That translates to a variety of courses, clubs, professional opportunities, speakers etc. on any subject you can imagine.

The flip side is obviously that there's no warm and fuzzy atmosphere, however that certainly doesn't mean less access to resources such as professors, career management office staff etc. – there are simply more resources, in proportion to the number of students. I certainly found the faculty extremely approachable and helpful. For example, there's a "take the students to lunch" tradition where a faculty member takes a group of 3-5 students for a free lunch, subsidized by the school, and many faculty members and students take advantage of the opportunity.

Another advantage is the large alumni network – there's a good chance you'll find a Wharton alumni in almost every company you'd be interested in. Alumni are usually very helpful and certainly facilitate your access to different companies.

msarfaty
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 69

In reply to Caesar from February?21?2004 on 17:43

רוב המקומות שאני ניגשתי אליהם נותנים ראיון לפי בקשה, ולכן פשוט קבעתי אותם ותכננתי לנסוע. במקום היחיד שבו הראיון הוא לפי הזמנה – קורנל, יצרתי קשר עם מישהי מה admissions והסברתי שאני במילא אהיה בראה"ב באותו זמן ואני מאד רוצה לנצל את הביקור שלי על מנת להתראיין. מפה לשם יצא שבדקו את הבקשה שלי מספיק מוקדם כדי שאני אוכל לדחוס גם את הראיון שלהם לנסיעה.

אני מניח שהשיטה הזו נכונה לכל המקומות שמראיינים רק את מי שהם רוצים. תיצור קשר עם מישהו מספיק בכיר שם, ותסביר כמה שאתה רוצה להתראיין בקמפוס ושנסיעה נוספת מישראל לארה"ב היא יקרה ובלה בלה בלה….

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to omri from February 23 2004 on 13:51

דבר איתי:

052-858900

Klier
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

In reply to msarfaty from February 24 2004 on 09:53

אני נדרש להעביר לאוניברסיטה אליה התקבלתי סכום של 1000$ בצ'ק או במזומן ובצרוף מסמכים שונים. היות וצ'ק ישראלי לא בדיוק מהווה אופציה אני צריך למצוא דרך טובה להעברת המזומן.
    דרך בנק הדואר התהליך (העברת מזומן) יקר ומסובך, ו-Fedex, DHL וברינקס לא מספקות שרות מתאים.

עצות?

mbaq
    חבר

In reply to yaelg2003 from February 24 2004 on 02:39

yael

from reading the wharton site, I got the feeling of a very!!! warm and friendly place, but it stands in contrast to the size of the class, which fits your description better. would you describe the school as an "industrial" school, where the students are no more than numbers in the book?

D06
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 17

In reply to Klier from February 24 2004 on 12:26

אני נדרש להעביר לאוניברסיטה אליה התקבלתי סכום של 1000$ בצ'ק או במזומן ובצרוף מסמכים שונים. היות וצ'ק ישראלי לא בדיוק מהווה אופציה אני צריך למצוא דרך טובה להעברת המזומן.
    דרך בנק הדואר התהליך (העברת מזומן) יקר ומסובך, ו-Fedex, DHL וברינקס לא מספקות שרות מתאים.

עצות?

לא יודע מה לגבי בנקים אחרים, אבל בנק לאומי מוציא צ'קים דולריים דרך הסניף שלו בניו-יורק, אשר תקפים כמעט בכל מקום בעולם. אתה פשוט צריך לגשת לסניף שלך וינפיקו לך צ'ק במקום. אמנם יש עמלה די גבוהה, אבל גם העברות בנקאיות כרוכות בעמלות גבוהות. זה מה שאני עשיתי – חבל (וקשה מאוד) לשלוח מזומן. גם צ'קים כמעט אף חברה לא מוכנה להעביר. החברה היחידה שמוכנה היא DHL וגם אז אך רק במידה והצ'ק למוטב בלבד, וללא כל אחריות.

Klier
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 18

In reply to D06 from February 24 2004 on 14:29

נשמע כמו משהו ששווה לבדוק.

תודה רבה.

yaelg2003
    חבר

In reply to mbaq from February 24 2004 on 13:04

I guess I didn't explain myself well. It's not at all "industrial". What I meant is that the atmosphere is not intimate like it may be in a very small school, where you know everyone and everyone knows you. That doesn't mean though that the people are not warm and that the place is not friendly – people are usually extremely nice and supportive.

As for faculty and administration, as I said they are very attentive and definitely don't treat us like numbers in a book. You can imagine that if a professor takes the time to buy students lunch he doesn't think of them as numbers.

So if you're looking for the kind of place that's small and intimate, where you know everyone after 2 days, that's not it. If you're looking for a friendly place where you get to meet new, great(!) people every day, where you have the opportunities to do whatever you can think of, Wharton is it.

And btw, the best thing you can do is visit and see for yourself before you make a decision to spend $120,000 on any program.

Assaf Wand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 209

In reply to Klier from February 24 2004 on 12:26

from what I know every bank have the option to issue a "Bank transfer" in Dollars- the comission is quite high if I remember correctly but it's the easiest way (and you're going to pay $120,000 so what is an extra $20)

A

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to omri from February 23 2004 on 13:51

I interviewed with Ronen Melnik – a very nice and smart guy.
    It was pretty relaxed and laid-back interview almost like a conversation. Regular questions, no surprises. He honestly wants to know what you're about and whether you understand what you're doing.
    I wore business attire (suite) – in this matter I disagree with Gilam, I think it's better to overdress then underdress – even if the interview is in Israel.
    If you need further assistance – please contact me: 052-858900

Good Luck!

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to omri from February 23 2004 on 14:34

היי עמרי (עומר?),

אכן דרדן נשמע רע בעברית…נשמע כמו מחנה ריכוז.

אני התראיינתי לקורנל בטלפון כי כבר התקבלתי לדרדן וגם – לא בא לי לטוס רק בשביל זה. בכל מקרה – זה לא מומלץ, אני עשיתי את זה כי לא היה אכפת לי.

בשלב זה אני מניח שאם כל שאר התשובות יהיו שליליות אני אסע לשם כדי לראות את קורנל (זה המקום היחיד שלא הייתי בו) ואז אחליט בין השניים.

ממליץ בחום לראות בעיניים לפני שאתה מחליט – יש לזה ערך אדיר! (כמו שכתבתי כבר כמה פעמים בפורומים כאן).

בהצלחה,

אורן.

YouKnoWho
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

In reply to kassifo from February 24 2004 on 18:33

Hi there, I'm back. How was your interview? Any of my tips was helpful?

I'm sure you did great.

aviad
    חבר

In reply to kassifo from February 24 2004 on 18:26

I have an interview with Ronen next week.

Do you mind if I give you a call?

Thanks.

נסים
    חבר

הי

אני מתכוון להגיש Application בסיבוב השלישי ל Said

הםא יש כאן מישהו שהגיש בקשה או מתכוון להגיש ?

תודה

נסים

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to aviad from February 24 2004 on 19:35

sure – go ahead.

omri
    חבר

In reply to kassifo from February 24 2004 on 18:33

Hi

THNX. Both schools are great. hope u get into W too.

I will call u

Omer

kassifo
    חבר

In reply to YouKnoWho from February 24 2004 on 19:00

I ended up interviewing with Ronen Melnik and it was very good (see my post in the Wharton thread).

Now all I got to do is wait…

any news in your front?

YouKnoWho
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 22

In reply to kassifo from February 24 2004 on 21:46

Not until mid/late March, I guess..

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 901 עד 950 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.