Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 301 עד 350 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • terro
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

זה היה די מצחיק עם הצ'אט של קולומביה! אם האינטרנט שלהם לא עובד כמו שצריך, מה זה אומר על האוניברסיטה???!!!

terro
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 7

ואפילו התשובות שלה לא משהו!

טובה בונוביצקי
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 4

לגבי הצ'אט עם קולומביה – חשוב מאד לשים לב לניואנסים הדקים שליוו את תשובותיה של לינדה,ממשרד ההרשמה של קולומביה. מצד אחד היא כותבת שהם מקבלים בוגרי אוניברסיטאות (מייד לאחר סיום לימודיהם) אולם בו בזמן היא מציינת את חשיבותו הגדולה של גורם הנסיון בעבודה. היא מזכירה נתונים כמו: נסיון מנהיגותי, נסיון עסקי (כלשהו), התמקדות בנושא הקריירה העתידית וכו'. בדרך כלל לבוגרים "טריים" אין נסיון מהסוג שהם מחפשים, ולכן נדרש נסיון בעבודה. גם בקולומביה וגם באוניברסיטאות אחרות.

ירון
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

האם יפורסם סיכום הצ'ט לאלו שפיספסו?

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

In reply to טובה בונוביצקי from July 22 2003

אם כך, טובה, על אחת כמה וכמה היא לא אמרה שום דבר חדש… הרי אלו דברים ש(אני מניחה) כולנו יודעים.

omri
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 66

In reply to rkmba2002 from July 03 2003

hi,

sounds great. good for you. we have a boy and i am thinking about 2004. may i ask how old r u? thnx

omer

rkmba2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 54

I will be 32 on enrollment

familia
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 2

Hi Guys,

My name is Shachar and I graduated from NYU last year (2002). If anyone is interested in applying, I'll be happy to answer any questions that you might have. As many of you said it is very important to talk with alumni of the school you are applying to – if you are looking for one you can contact the school (as some of you suggested) or shot me an email.

Good luck to you all,

Shachar

טובה בונוביצקי
    חבר

In reply to familia from July 28 2003

What is your email address?

Undisclosed Member
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

זה היה די מצחיק עם הצ'אט של קולומביה! אם האינטרנט שלהם לא עובד כמו שצריך, מה זה אומר על האוניברסיטה???!!!

———————

that people will still pay more then $120,000 and feel fortunate to study there.. including probably you.

be humble

familia
    חבר

In reply to èåáä áåðåáéö÷é from July 28 2003

[email protected]

gili
    חבר

In reply to odrp from July 12 2003

Hi, oded

Are you going to apply for stanford?

what do you know about this place beside all the rumors?

Thanks,

Gil.

odrp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 293

In reply to gili from July 29 2003

Hi Gil,

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Oded.

naftali
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

אהלן,

שמי נפתלי ואני חושב על רישום לשנת 2004 לשיקגו.

יש מישהו שלומד שם ? מכיר ?

מלבד זאת , מישהו מכיר יועצים טובים שעוזרים באפליקציות ( אני מכיר את הרגילים) ויכול להמליץ ( או לקטרג) מנסיון אישי ?

תודה

טובה בונוביצקי
    חבר

In reply to naftali from July 30 2003

שלום נפתלי,

משרדנו, "המרכז ללימודים בארה"ב" (http://www.studyusa.co.il) מטפל בהפניית סטודנטים ישראליים ללימודים בארה"ב.

נשמח לעזור לך בהכנת מועמדותך, כולל סיוע בחיבורים, קורות חיים, מילוי טפסי הרישום, הדרכה בנושא ההמלצות וכל שאר מרכיבי ההרשמה.

באתר שלנו מופיעה כתובתנו, מספר הטלפון ושעות הקבלה.

טובה בונוביצקי מנהלת המרכז ללימודים בארה"ב

studyusa@netvision.net.il

awand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

שלום נפתלי,

שמי אסף ואני נוסע ללמוד בשיקגו בשנת הלימודים הנוכחית

אשמח לעזור לך בקצת ידע (יש לך שבועיים להשיג אותי לפני שאני טס)

אני כרגע ה moderator של UC תמצא את האי מייל שלי באת IIMBA תחת moderators

CONTACT US

מקווה שזה עוזרת אם עוד מישהו מעוניין אשמח לעזור

אסף

DovM
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

In reply to gili from July 29 2003

גילי, עודד – אתם חושבים להגיש בסבב ראשון או שני לסטנפורד? מה נראה לכם עדיף?

Undisclosed Member
    חבר

Naftali – I am a 2nd year student in one of the better schools
    around. I prefer not to disclose my name / sign-name.

I think that Tova's services are way too over-priced and that the institute she represent takes advantage of people who are either miss-informed or under stress (or both). I am not saying it is wrong, since this is how economy works, I am just giving my opinion. You can shop around… these services cost a lot of money and they not necessary pay-off

For myself – I took a wrong advise from Tova personally. After talking to me over the phone for 2-3 minutes she advised / discouraged me from applying to some schools I really really wanted. Based on her advise… and also because I was tired from the long process (I must admit..) I gave up on applying for two of these schools. At the same time, I was lucky that I applied to some of these schools even before consulting with Tova … since I ended up getting into few of them despite her saying that I have slim to no chance at these schools.

My advise – do your own research and listen to your own voice. If you choose to work with consultants… manage them (!), don’t let them manage you, and don't listen to them as if they are god.

michaelhn
    חבר

נפתלי, עבדתי עם שני יועצים מקצועיים, אחד סביר (לפני שנתיים) ואחד טוב (לפני מס' חודשים).

אתה יכול לשלוח לי אימייל ל – [email protected] ואנסה לעזור.

מיכה

naftali
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 8

In reply to Undisclosed Member from July 31 2003

היי,

תודה על התשובה המהירה ועל הכנות.

אני מבין את הרצון להישאר בעילום שם , אבל יש לי כמה שאלות אליך, האם זה אפשרי שתתקשר/י עימי דרך הEmail ( [email protected]) .

תודה שוב,

נפתלי

ירון
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 28

כמה עולה היום ייעוץ? הבנתי שזה בסביבות 100$ לשעה. מישהו מכיר משהו יותר הגיוני?

assafm
    חבר

אני מתעניין ב-MBA באוסטרליה. האם מישהו מכיר או יודע פרטים לגבי אוניברסיטאות במקום ?

aviram
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Can you please write me what do you know about Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland Ohio??????????????????????????

Thanks!!!

Aviram

awand
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

• In reply to assafm from July 31 2003

Hi Assafm,

I posted the FT asian and Australian ranking

hope it helps

Assaaf

Asia Inc's top 10 business schools

1. HKUST, (Hong Kong)
    2. AGSM, (Australia) (Australian Graduate School of Management)
    3. NUS, (Singapore)
    4. Chinese University of Hong Kong, (Hong Kong)
    5. Melbourne Business School, (Australia)
    6. Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, (India)
    7. Nanyang Business School, (Singapore)
    8. Asian Institute of Management (Philippines)
    9. International University of Japan, (Japan)
    10. Monash University, (Australia)

Australia MBA Rankings
    1 Australian Graduate School of Management
    2 Melbourne Business School
    3 Macquarie Graduate School of Management
    4 Monash Mount Eliza Business School
    5 Brisbane Graduate School of Business
    6 University of Queensland
    7 University of Adelaide
    8 Curtin University of Technology
    9 University of Technology Sydney
    10 University of South Australia (International GSM)
    11 RMIT University

tsegev
    חבר

שלום

האם מישהו יודע איפה אפשר לראות את נושאי החיבורים של MIT ל-2004?

תומר

egeg
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 91

In reply to tsegev from אוגוסט 02 2003

ההימור שלי באתר האינטרנט של MIT

odrp
    חבר

In reply to egeg from אוגוסט 02 2003

Hi egeg, you can check MIT's essays and others in either of these sites (as far as I know MIT hasn't published 2004 app yet):

http://www.mbaapplicant.com/mit_essays.htm

http://en.yes-asia.com/yes-asia-english/business/business.asp

These sites have more useful information within. The second one is somewhat useful if you wanna see the Asian perspective of applying to MBA.

Oded.

odrp
    חבר

In reply to DovM from July 30 2003

היי דוב – נראה לי שאנסה בסיבוב הראשון, הוא מסתיים ב-28 באוקטובר. אגב, סטנפורד פרסמו את האפליקיישן המעודכן ל-2004 לפני יום-יומיים.

עודד.

odrp
    חבר

I've got a small question regarding the MBA apps. There's a disclaimer in virtually all recommendation sections which asks whether I waive my right of access to the recommendation. For example, in Stanford's app, it's:

[ ] I DO WAIVE my right to inspect the contents of this Letter of Reference. I understand that if I am admitted, Stanford University reserves the right to use the recommendation as part of any selection process for a different graduate program or for financial support derived from any source available to the University. ; [ ] I DO NOT WAIVE my right to inspect the contents of this Letter of Reference.

My question is – does it affect anything? I'm gonna see the letters of reference of all my recommendators, but I'm not sure why the schools ask for it. Do they treat the recommendation any differently?

egeg
    חבר

In reply to odrp from אוגוסט 02 2003

לעומת מדינת ישראל – שבה הבוס שלך נותן לך לכתוב את מכתב ההמלצה והוא רק חותם בארה"ב לוקחים יותר ברצינות את כתיבת מכתבי ההמלצה ושם הבוס באמת כותב ולא נותן לך לראות את מה שהוא כתב לפני. לכן הם שואלים אם אתה מוכן לוותר על הזכות לראות את המכתב גם אחרי שהוא שלח כאשר אתה מעיין בתיק האישי שלך

odrp
    חבר

In reply to egeg from August 03 2003

אוקיי, שיערתי שזו הכוונה. מה דעתך לגבי האופן בו הם מסתכלים לגבי ה-waive/don't waive? אם מותר לשאול, האם אתה מכיר מה רוב האנשים מסמנים בחלק זה?

mba_mb1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

Always waive your right. Schools don't like it when applicants ask to view recommendations.

It tells them that perhaps the recommender isn't being completely honest, since s/he might not want to offend the applicant.

Schools ask you this question because they are obliged to do so by law.

The law states that applicants are entitled to review certain parts of their file they desire to do so.

In any case, I don't know of any rule that forbids your recommenders to show you what they wrote out of their own initiative, and not via the school.

odrp
    חבר

In reply to mba_mb1 from August 04 2003

Great,

Thanks for the advice.

Oded.

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

For all those people with no access to the BW forums, here is a msg. regarding London Business School information session in Tel-Aviv:

Hi all –

London Business School will hold its annual information session in Tel-Aviv on Sep. 11. Full details are below in bold.

Places are limited and demand is high, so please register as soon as possible if you are interested.

Please pass on the word to people who might be interested and do not use the BW forum as a source of information.

All the best,

Asaf

Dear Future MBA,

Thank you for your recent interest in the London Business School MBA Programme. We would now like to invite you to a special event in your region, lead by the London Business School Israeli Student and Alumni Club.

Venue:

Bank Hapoalim – Rubinstein Towers

Moadon Habank

Tower B, 1st Floor

11 Hanegev St. Tel-Aviv

Date: Thursday 11 September, 2003

Time: 18.00 – 20.00

The event will include a presentation and a Q&A session. It is a great opportunity for you to meet some of our current Israeli students and alumni, and to ask them about their experiences at London Business School.

Please register by sending an email to Emma Bond ebond@london.edu. You will be notified once your place is confirmed.

Places are limited and will be allocated on a ‘first come – first served’ basis. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

The MBA Marketing and Admissions Team

odrp
    חבר

Hi Everybody.

The Chicago GSB on-line application asks "To which other business schools are you applying". I'm not too sure if it's a good thing to tell them I'm trying 5 other schools or not… Does anyone of you have an opinion in that matter?

Oded.

עומר
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

In reply to odrp from August 14 2003

yes, tell the truth. even if you are going to lie on your app, this is a stupid place to do it….

ydolev
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 31

The admission comitee is aware of the fact that you are going to apply to some other schools. In fact, it would be wierd if your application will indicate that GSB is the only school on your mind, and will most probably create a non relyable impression.

Yinnon

shmuels
    חבר

The 2nd London Business School (LBS) Information Session

The 2nd London Business School (LBS) Information Session will take place on September 11 and you are all invited to participate. This event will be lead by the LBS Israeli students and Alumni club.

This is a great opportunity for you to meet some of LBS current Israeli students and alumni and ask them about the school in general and their experiences at LBS. This will also include a Q&A session regarding the application process.

The event will take place on September 11, 2003 (18:00-20:00) at Bank Hapoalim – Rubinstein Towers, "Moadon Habank", Tower B, First floor, 11 Hanegev St., Tel-Aviv.

Please register by sending an email to Emma Bond at ebond@london.edu and you will be notified once your place is confirmed.

Don't miss it. Your future may be depending on your participation.

Eynat
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

as written before, the admission committee expects you to apply to other schools as well. the reason they are asking you this is part to see if your answer fits what you have told them in other places in the application.

let me explain. your choice of schools shows what kind of MBA you are looking for (since the schools are very different from each other). for example: if you said in your application that you are looking for a school that is strong in finance because you are interested in a finance career, applying to schools which are weak in that area doesnt make sense. or, if you said that you are interested in their school because it is a small intimate program, and at the same time you apply also to Harvard which is a huge program, you are basically telling them that you didnt tell the truth.

in summary, the admission people expect your application to be comprehensive and that all your answers will fit well together (questions that to you dont seem important tell them a lot about you). every question is intentional. they wouldnt have asked it otherwise (they have enough to read).

note that they know the characteristics of the other schools very well since they compete ith them.

i hope this helps.

Eynat

odrp
    חבר

In reply to Eynat from August 20 2003

Eynat, Yinnon, Omer – thanks for the help. (-) OdRP.

Undisclosed Member
    חבר

Hello,

Does anyone know how long it takes for the TOEFL scores to arrive ?

Is it crucial for us to have the scores before applying or can we mention that we have taken the test but the scores have not arrived yet ?

Thanks.

Anne
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

In reply to Undisclosed Member from August 21 2003

Hey,

It takes from 3 to 4 weeks to get your scores if you typed your essay and about a month and a half if you handwrote it.

Good luck,

Anne

Anne
    חבר

Hello

Does anybody know whether business schools practice exchanging information among them? Is it safe to adjust my career goals to the schools’ specialization, for instance state that I plan to major in finance, when applying to Wharton and seek a general management education when applying to Harvard?

Thanks,

Anne

egeg
    חבר

In reply to Anne from August 21 2003

נראה לי שאין בעיה לעשות את זה כי בתי הספר לא מחליפים פרטים כאילו בינהם

אבל אני חושב שהכי טוב שתגידי מה המטרות האמיתיות שלך כי ככה תהיה הכי עם פוקוס וגם אמיתית…. בתי ספר כמו וורטון לא מחפשים רק אנשי מימון אלא מגוון רחב ואני בטוח שהם ישמחו אם מישהו יגיד שהוא רוצה להיות בתחום אחר כדי לגוון את הכיתה

Anne
    חבר

In reply to egeg from August 21 2003

Thank you for your help.

Anne

עומר
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

להוסיף על דברי egeg, ייתכן שאפילו זה יתן לך יתרון להגיד שאת מחפשת קריירה שונה מכל שאר המועמדים כי כל בית ספר מחפש גיוון, ואפילו שיקגו לא רוצים שכל הסטודנטים שלהם ייחפשו מימון. וורטון דרך אגב חזק בהכל ולא רק במימון.

בהצלחה

yaelg2003
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 13

Hi Ann,

As a current Wharton student with NO finance background whatsoever I can tell you that Wharton is definitely NOT looking only for people with experience or career aspirations related to finance.

My advice to you: Write the truth – why you REALLY want an MBA, how it's going to advance your career etc. DO try to show that you researched the schools by mentioning specific courses, activities and strengths of the program that align with your personal interests, but DON'T tailor your career aspiration to the school's "reputation". Believe me, you don't know what the schools are looking for. I was dinged from the school I thought I had the most chance to get into, and was accepted by the school I thought was going to ding me for sure. So just be yourself.

Good luck!

Anne
    חבר

Yael, Omer thank you for you kind help.

Anne

mba_mb1
    חבר

In reply to Anne from August 22 2003

Anne,

Several schools refuse to admit applicants who already hold a previous MBA degree. I think you should thoroughly check the application requirements of all the schools you like; you might find yourself in a position where you will need to choose between your current studies and your future ones, or explain why you need two MBA's.

Anne
    חבר

In reply to mba_mb1 from August 22 2003

Hey mba_mb1,

I have completed about 30% of my MBA at Tel-Aviv Un. Do you think that even partial studies may be of concern for Admisson Offices? Do you know which universities have less strict policies towards applicants with previous MBA studies?

Thanks,

Anne

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 301 עד 350 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.