Home פורומים הפורומים Forum: תהליך הקבלה ארכיון 1: ???Any Israeli Applicants

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 351 עד 400 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • מאת
    תגובות
  • Undisclosed Member
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 48

In reply to Anne from August 24 2003

Anne,

I'm a current MBA student in the US and was MBA student in Israel when I applied.

I just didn't mention my studies in the application.

Anne
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 25

In reply to Undisclosed Member from August 24 2003

Hey,

I really have a dual situation: my undergraduate GPA is only 81.4, and graduate GPA of 87.5 at my MBA studies will demonstrate an improvement and somewhat compensate this problem. The question is whether in my case it is better not to mention my MBA studies?

Anne

stamguy
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 32

In reply to Anne from August 25 2003

Anne,

do yourself a favor and don't raise it… it adds nothing but questions to your application.

stam

EzraK
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 3

Shalom Everyone,

i just have joined the forum. i am curious if someone knows approximately how many israelis apply every year to mba in the USA. i have wrote my gmat and had a lucky day. my practice tests was around 660-690 but i got over 700 on real test and want to apply to the top usa schools. good luck to all of us.

Undisclosed Member
    חבר

In reply to Anne from August 25 2003

Anne,

I agree with stumguy.

If you you will score more than 680 on the GMAT and you are a woman (for a man I would say 700), you shouldn't worry about your GPA.

HiddenGem
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 1

In reply to daniel from August 24 2003

800/96 will do more harm than good because the higher your GMAT/GPA the lower your chances of being a successful businessperson. And you are anxious to go to business school to be a successful businessperson someday. Aren't you? Well Mr. Bragger, take as many standardized tests as possible, keep us posted on your scores and stay off the MBA world where grades are meaningless. All right?

odrp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 293

In reply to HiddenGem from August 26 2003

HiddenGem, your remark is impertinent (<– a GMAT 800 word, I recon) and IMHO I see no reason to be so rude. I don't know if 800/96 is harmful to a MBA applicant or not, any such generalization would be meaningless.

Nonetheless, there's one generalization which I assume is true: verbally violent posts such as yours is not welcomed in any milieu, business-oriented or other.

timor
    חבר

I'm looking for a loan to finance the MBA tuition fee and living expences while studying in a university in Spain and having only an Israeli citizenship. Does anyone have a suggestion, beside the SallieMae loan from the US? thx

Anne
    חבר

In reply to Undisclosed Member from August 25 2003

Stumguy, "Undisclosed Member", thanks for the advice.

Anne

stamguy
    חבר

In reply to HiddenGem from August 26 2003

seems like someone is envy…

please reconsider if you really want an MBA yourself because you might find yourself surrounded by people with high statistics and that will not appreciate attitude such as yours.

stamguy
    חבר

In reply to daniel from August 24 2003

I think that HBS and Chicago are very generous with scholarships for people with high credentials. In Wharton – the chances to getting a scholarship are very slim regardless of your statistics and even then it will most likely be much less of the 50% tuition.

Good luck

rkmba2002
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 54

In reply to Anne from August 24 2003

Hi Anne,

I am a current kellogg student. One of my friends here was in the same situation as you and was accepted to the 1 year program based on the fact that she had done part of the MBA in Tel Aviv.

Hope this helps, Roy

IchiBan
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 216

In reply to stamguy from August 27 2003

Stam – any numbers to back that up? This kind of thing is crucial for 'Cinderellas' like myself ;-)

BTW how was the internship? All psyched for Y2?

IchiBan
    חבר

In reply to rkmba2002 from August 28 2003

Roy- hope you're having fun in Evanston already =)

As for the 1-yr., do you agree that it's inferior compared to the 2-yr. in terms of recruitment for internationals? (no internship, less networking etc.) Or is it on par?

Thanks,

Ichiban

omerbz
    חבר

Hello everybody!

I am interested in buying the book "How to get into the top MBA programs" by Richard Mountauk. If any of you is selling (or might be kind and lend to me it for a few days) please contact me on:

053-541202
    [email protected]

Regards,
    Omer

stamguy
    חבר

In reply to IchiBan from August 28 2003

I know few students in HBS and one in Chicago.. they all got very healthy scholarships. However.. I cannot disclose the numbers.. sorry.

Internship was ok. I had a nice project to work on and the bay-area is just a great place to live in. still … internship means work.. and work means coming back to the 'real life'.
    There is nothing better then the 3-days-weekends that some schools allow.

mba_mb1
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 6

In reply to Anne from August 27 2003

Anne,

I was never in your shoes so take my advice with a few grains of salt, but maybe you should consider taking a year off from Tel-Aviv, and working on your US applications. Perhaps you could somehow present this whole experience as taking courses for catching-up in areas in which you have no background. Many students do that before starting the MBA to become more familiar with accounting, finance, or sometimes just plain math. Schools not only know this, they encourage it.

In any case, with regard to the previous posts, are you sure you want to lie about or hide this information in your application? True, the chances of the school ever finding out are very small, but why take that risk? There was a thread in the BusinessWeek forums recently in which someone wrote that his offer was rescinded because he wasn't completely truthful about the circumstances in which he quit his job, and someone else was kicked out of Wharton 2 weeks before graduation because her new employer found out she was lying on her resume after conducting a background check.

Again, Caveat Emptor, I'm only going for one MBA so I'm not the best person to seek advice from on this, but maybe you should take a year's break and see where you're headed. Also, call the schools you like and hear what they have to say about it.

Anne
    חבר

Roy, mba_mb1,

Thank you for your help. I believe, you're right. As I have heard, americans are very strict on the integrity issues. As I was told, if caught, such cases live a life-long stain on the biography. Have you got any idea how this information is shared?

Anne

Undisclosed Member
    חבר

שלום,

האם מישהו יודע כיצד אוכל למצוא בוגר/ת של סטנפורד?
    הייתי מעוניין לשמוע התרשמות כללית ממישהו שעבר את "החויה".

תודה,

עדי

boazr98
    חבר

This is a great site! Thanks for all the responders.

I'm interested in a hi-tech and/or entrepreneurship concentration/track. Which schools should I be looking at? I prefer to stay in California if possible.

I heard that Carnegie Mellon might suit my needs: can anyone share their experiences with that school? It is ranked 19 on business week, but the admission criteria seem to be relatively low (GMAT avg 672, GPA avg 3.3, 26% acceptance rate). How come?

Toda,

Boaz

IchiBan
    חבר

In reply to boazr98 from September 01 2003

Hey.

Don't know much about CMU except that it's NOT in the West Coast, and that it's considered a good top-20 especially for tech and operations (even have a MS in e-commerce).

The best places to go for tech/enterpreneurship are undoubtedly Stanford and MIT, Babson is a good 2nd-tier target although I don't know how it compares to CMU.

That's what I know.

IchiBan

Undisclosed Member
    חבר

Hi,

I'm looking for information regarding Michigan university's interviwers in Israel.

Any information or tip would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jim Mat
    חבר

Go for BABSON – it's the #1 MBA program for entrepreneurship. The 2-year program is unique and highly rigorous, the faculty is top-notch and the brand name is quite strong. Plus, they have a special track (EIT) for MBAs who start new ventures during the program. The problem is that they take 0-1 Israelis every year out of 20-30 applying to the 2-year program. Check it out – http://www3.babson.edu/Newsroom/factsandfigures.cfm

אלמוני
    לא פעיל

I just finished a Bsc in Computer Science. I wanted to know how universities in the US transfer our average, which is on a 100 scale into a 4.0 scale. Do they look at the overall average or just the major's average? Thanks!

עומר
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 49

In reply to ainat from September 02 2003

they don't (except for Columbia and they have a conversion table). the rest just look at your raw score (0-100) and they know what that means

good luck

Fawkes
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 12

In reply to ainat from September 02 2003

Indeed most universities just leave it at that. (I asked the same question a few days ago..:)

What do you mean by "just the major"? Did you do a double major? Which one?

Eynat
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 11

i just graduated from CMU so i can answer any questions you might have on that school. you can contact me at [email protected]

Eynat

Undisclosed Member
    חבר

The following message was sent to people intersted in LBS. Please read and send an email if you are interested:
    Dear Future MBA,

Thank you for your recent interest in the London Business School MBA Programme. We would now like to invite you to a special event in your region, lead by the London Business School Israeli Student and Alumni Club.

Venue: Bank Hapoalim – Rubinstein Towers
    “Moadon Habank”
    Tower B, First floor
    11 Hanegev St
    Tel Aviv
    Israel

Date: Thursday, September 11, 2003

Time: 18.00 – 20.00

The event will include a presentation and a Q&A session. It is a great opportunity for you to meet some of our current Israeli students and alumni, and to ask them about their experiences at London Business School.

Please register by sending an email to Emma Bond at mailto:ebond@london.edu . You will be notified once your place is confirmed.
    Places are limited and will be allocated on a ‘first come – first served’ basis. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    The MBA Marketing and Admissions Team

עומר
    חבר

Anyone applied Col ED? I have't heard of a single Israeli dude/chick who did…..

odrp
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 293

היי,

יש למישהו המלצה לגבי מקומות שהייה ליום-יומיים בבוסטון ובשיקגו (דגש על hostels)?

aringoadmin
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 183

Message from Assaf Wand and Ehud Zukerman:

Hi all, The University of Chicago Graduate School of Business Director of Admissions would like to invite you to an online discussion. The chat would be held on Friday the 19 of September at 18:00. We apologize for the fact it is taking place on Friday. This chat is a great chance to ask question prior to Don's arrival to Israel on November 5, 7:00pm – 9:00pm in "The Carlton Tel Aviv" hotel (first time an admissions director comes to recruit in Israel). (link to RSVP-

U color=#0000ff http://gsb.uchicago.edu/dynamic.asp?nNodeID=80&intContentTypeID=7&intContentID=2232/U)

We would be very happy to help in any way

Assaf Wand – Class of 2005 – [email protected]

Ehud Zukerman – Class of 2005 [email protected]

dalit
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 556

יש דברים שאפילו בעל MBA יכול לעשות לבד

http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/mbawm.html?link=4

IchiBan
    חבר

In reply to dalit from September 09 2003

מלח על הפצעים…

איצ'יבן

עומר
    חבר

In reply to IchiBan from September 10 2003

Ichi, what did you decide? going to apply this year or wait another one?

IchiBan
    חבר

נרשם לסתיו 2005, ז"א בעוד כשנה. היעד הוא אירופה ממגוון סיבות.

ואדוני? אנחנו מכירים מBW?

איצ'יבן

עומר
    חבר

אני מכיר אותך מה BW ומאד אהבתי את ההודעות שכתבת, מאד לא סביר להניח שאתה מכיר אותי כי הייתי פסיבי שם. לא כתבתי אפילו הודעה אחת….

IchiBan
    חבר

תודה, תודה…איי איים טו פליז.

מה התוכניות שלך?

עומר
    חבר

In reply to IchiBan from September 11 2003

החלום זה סטנפורד, אבל נו באמת……

התכניות זה ארצות הברית. בתקווה אחת מהטופ 5 (למרות שיש בערך שבע כאלה :))

קראתי ב BW שסטנפורד דחו את כל מי שנרשם השנה ושהיה לו 800 ב GMAT. מטורפים…. לא יכלו לקבל לפחות אחד?

IchiBan
    חבר

סבבה, לא מזיק לנסות כל עוד יש לך תוכניות גיבוי. להתקבל לסטנפורד זו כנראה אמנות בפני עצמה…

לינק משובח בנושא:

http://www.mbaapplicant.com/mba_rankings.htm

עומר
    חבר

כן, קראתי את זה. ענק!!! כמעט עשיתי במכנסיים. מחכה בקוצר רוח לקטילה של הדרוג החדש……

Undisclosed Member
    חבר

Eitan Bak

you can track him down through Pitango's website

dalit
    חבר

איצ'י,

אני זורה מלח גם על הפצעים של עצמי…

היית אתמול בהצגה של LBS? היה דווקא נחמד לטעמי.

(אגב גם אני מכוונת לסתיו 2005)

דלית

GTW
    חבר

נכון דלית

באמת היה נחמד לשמוע ולראות בכנס של SBL

אבל הפתיחה של מנכ"ל בנק פועלים היה ממש מיותר

dalit
    חבר

In reply to GTW from September 14 2003

נכון, זה לא היה ממש נחוץ, אבל גם לא ממש הפריע. הוא עשה את זה קצר ולעניין.

GTW
    חבר

מה חשבת על כל הכנס?

את מתעניינת באירופה או ארה"ב? כמו שהם ניסחו את זה?

אני יותר מוכוון ארה"ב, גם כן לשנה הבאה

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

In reply to dalit from September 12 2003

דלית,

שוב היינו באותו מקום ולא עשינו היכרות… את רוצה לתת לי רמז מי היית (בכל זאת יש סיכוי שנלמד בכיתה יחדיו). היה כנס מאוד מוצלח לטעמי. בכלל אני במקומך הייתי מאוד מעודד, עושה רושם שבנות ישראליות רק צריכות להגיש מועמדות…

dalit
    חבר

In reply to gbiron from September 14 2003

הכנס היה מעניין וממצה. נתנו לי דווקא הרבה אינפו שחיפשתי.

כמובן שמה שהם אמרו על בנות ישראליות מאד עודד אותי. אני רק מקווה שהגישה הזו תחזיק מעמד עד שיגיע תורי.

אגב, יכול להיות שראית אותי – שאלתי את השאלה האחרונה – לגבי מה הם לא אהבו בבי"ס.

gbiron
    חבר
    מספר הפוסטים: 213

אם כך אני זוכר אותך במעומעם…. אני גם הטרדתי אותם בכמה שאלות (מה אחוז האנשים מהכיתה האחרונה שסיימה שכבר מצאו עבודה).

איך את מתקדמת עם ה-aplication ?

עשית כבר gmat ו- teofel ?

לאיזה סיבוב את מתכוננת ?

IchiBan
    חבר

דלית,

לא הייתי בארץ בשבוע שעבר, אבל גם ככה LBS לא ממש על הכוונת שלי. איך היה? אירופה זה הכיוון שלך?

אולי נתראה באירוע הבא…

איצ'יבן

DardenMBA05
    חבר

Dear MBA Applicants, below please find an invitation to the Darden Dinner in Tel Aviv:

The Darden Graduate School of Business Administration at the University of Virginia wishes to invite you to Darden Dinner, an informational event hosted by visiting Darden Alumni and future students, where you could gain valuable insights about the 2-year Darden MBA program in Charlottesville Virginia.

The event will include detailed information about the Darden experience, life in Charlottesville, and the admissions process, and enable you to interact directly with representatives of the school in a relaxed atmosphere.

Darden Dinner will take place on Wednesday, September 24 2003 at 7:30pm, in Villa Polak, 20 Ehad Ha'Am St., Tel-Aviv.

To sign-up please visit the admissions website or call 054-600475. Spaces are limited. Please confirm your attendance as early as possible.

Fast Facts about Darden:

• Though reputable in many areas, Darden is primarily a general management school, and as such seeks well-rounded candidates with exhibited leadership potential and strong interpersonal skills.
    • Learning in Darden in based predominantly on the case method of instruction. Cases developed by Darden are vastly taught in business schools and companies around the globe.
    • Darden is ranked # 1 internationally for General Management by the Financial Times.
    • Darden MBA's enjoy the advantages of a strong and extremely loyal Alumni network. The Economist Intelligence Unit ranks the Darden Alumni network as most effective in the world.
    • Darden faculty is ranked # 1 by both Business Week and the Financial Times.
    • Darden graduates enjoy high employment statistics even during a tough economy – and practically the highest among peer schools. According to US News, in 2002 89.8% of Darden graduates were employed 3 months after graduation.

Darden Dinner can be a great opportunity for you to explore one of the world's finest MBA programs. We look forward to seeing you.

http://admissions.darden.virginia.edu/admissions/events/index.cfm?forum=207

מוצגות 50 תגובות – 351 עד 400 (מתוך 1,781 סה״כ)
  • יש להתחבר למערכת על מנת להגיב.